• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong: Official Character Discussion

Ulevo

Smash Master
Discussion for Donkey Kong. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. Popular suggestions/values will be marked as such. Final values will be determined by popularity, so voice your opinion!

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH:
FH:
FF:
DGrav:
Grav:

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, the first jab at higher percents can be used to pull someone in so I don't know if fixing the KB on it would remove that sweet *** pull in effect it has. I honestly hardly ever use DK's jabs, and when I do, it's the first hit from it to pull people in for a Dtilt. His jab isn't really something you should be using at higher percents if you're DK, Dtilt/Ftilt/Utilt are all way better options, the first hit of jab though could be used to pull them into those tilts, so in that aspect it is useful.

However, what would you be trying to do with his second hit of the jab anyway? A Uair? That's all I can really see that you would do from it...

shanus

Smash Hero
I also think DK needs no changes. He plays near perfectly.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is his Super Armor broken now a days? (On the Giant Punch) I used to be able to time it a lot in vBrawl but not now a days.
It's not broken, it's good, his punch can be avoided and blocked pretty easily (unless it's from his cargo Utoss hehe).

He's fine the way he is IMO.

Revven

FrankerZ
I think he meant broken in a literal term. As in the SA frames do not work. :p
Oh, no, the SA frames work fine, just requires different timing (which isn't a big difference really). I always seem to land it with the SA frames so. :p

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Either way, DK is amazing. Easily our best heavy weight. Shortening the lag on his Up-B after landing would help and give him a better recovery but he doesn't need it.

Revven

FrankerZ
Let's PLEASE fix the issue with his Fthrow. What's wrong with it might you ask? Let me break it down for you.

While yes you can break out of it easily already, did you know that if you just hold up on the control stick (yes JUST UP) you break out faster than you would if you rotated and pressed buttons to get out? Not only that, but, this way of escaping it isn't percentage based. You can use it on any percent and you will get out early NO MATTER WHAT.

Fix much?

Edit: Also, Donkey Punch no fall special. Reasoning below:

Falco400 said:
About Donkey Punch, here's the issue:

DK cannot use it in the air at all without having to worry about having that fall special. It wouldn't suddenly be broken if he didn't have it, he'd still have wind-down lag from the punch and he would still need to land again before chasing his opponent. Why give it a fall special? It cripples the move in the air. Also, here's some food for thought, DK's punch never had the fall special in Smash 64, it wasn't until Melee did they add it. Think of it as bringing something back to a character that didn't need a nerf to it in the first place.

Again, the wind-down the punch has is enough to slow DK down from abusing it as well as the fact that you wouldn't be likely to see a DK do this: Donkey Punch > Dair, not enough time, they'd be out of hitstun due to the punch's great strength. Rather, you'd see a DOnkey Punch END combos like it should in the air. Think of it as fixing the move that got a hard nerf from Melee which he didn't need.

That's all he would need and he would be perfect. I would love to not die from using a Donkey Punch offstage to finish a combo (my combo video gives a good example of why it's bad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLU1G...e=channel_page). I get punished for using it in the air? Makes no sense especially since I'm supposed to get rewarded for landing it in the air in the first place. It contradicts the move in the air.

By the time you land, the opponent is out hitstun, is the bottom line.
Also, it would help him defend himself as apart of his recovery, keeping it from being so predictable as it is. He could defend himself (if he has a charged punch) if he's high in the air vertically.

Top Bottom