• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Infinite Jump!

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't found much use for this technique yet, but it works the same as Bowser's infinite jump, except you do this with Donkey Kong's down air. I discovered this while playing a team tournament match (my brother and I were winning really bad, so we started messing around =/). To do the infinite jump, just jump upon landing (full jump) with a down air. Now, this infinite jump is not as easy to do as Bowser's, and it's not as useful either, but it is legit for Donkey Kong's down air. I've tested this many times, to make sure I wasn't footstool jumping the other player or something of that matter, and I know that it can be done. The most jumps I've done without stopping is six just to let everyone know. Keep in mind, it's not extremely easy to do, so you might have to work at it for a while, but I just thought this would be something interesting to share with the rest of the Donkey Kong mains =D. Oh, and I'm sorry I don't have any video footage to show everyone. I haven't gotten anything to put my replays on the internet yet. By the way, would anyone know of a product that I can buy that would allow to put my replays on the internet? I really want to show off my DK because a lot of people think I have a great DK and I've won three local tournaments with him already (not to brag or anything) =).

Gab

Smash Rookie
I can't get it to work. Do you d-air right before landing, then jump? Or do you d-air right after pressing the jump button? The later is nothing new and is called auto lag canceling. DK's f-air can also be auto-canceled with a full jump.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
Just do the down air in a full jump as if you were trying to auto-cancel it, and jump again and again each time right before you land. Also, this morning I figured out that you can do two down air's into a forward air using this infinite jump technique. Now that's a pretty good mind game in my opinion.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I have several questions, since you dont have a video of it yet so I dont quite understand it.

Does the hitbox appear on DK's down air?
Does this cancel the landing lag of DK's down air?
Do you have to be above the stage to do this?

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
The point of this technique is to get a series extra jump, hence the name "infinite jump." You do this above the stage, yes, because the infinite jump works based off jumping upon landing. Yes, it will cancel DK's down air lag because you're basically auto-canceling the move after each jump. Make sure you are not hitting or jumping off of another player, and you should be able to do it.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Yeah, sounds like auto-canceled chain Dairs.

Popular with Ganondorf because of the lag on his Ganon-stomp. You just have to mash Down+A the second you leave the ground and then jump again, rinse, repeat.

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
I would think its pretty noticeable if you actually land or not. Of course, we don't have a video so its hard to say if its really an infinite jump or just the auto-canceled dair.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
If it actually works, you would be able to string together Dairs without the landing lag.

I tested for awhile. I can do full jumped instant Dair, land with no lag, then another full jumped instant Dair, but nothing that resets the DJ.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't know what the OP is talking about, tested this a bit(for kicks because I didn't think it would really work) and... nothing.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
It's not just landing and jumping again, and auto-canceling each attack... Obviously, I'm going to have to wait until I have video proof, because no body seems to be able to do it. Just know that it is difficult to pull off, and if you do it, it should work like Bowser's infinite jump, and that means that you DON'T land, and jump again. It means you will get extra jumps, meaning more than two.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
I could have sworn I did it a few times though it took me a while.

It seems a little difficult to do unlike Bowser's infinite jump where you just press jump anytime during his claw.

I'm not sure if I actually did it or just forgot to use my 2nd jump before trying though ~_~

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
It is a lot more difficult to do than Bowser's, and it's less effective as well (as far as I know). I felt the same way the first couple times I did it, but I've managed to get up to five or six jumps, making me certain that it's legit.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I don't know what the OP is talking about, tested this a bit(for kicks because I didn't think it would really work) and... nothing.
" I cant do it, so it must n0t werk."

I have seen this done and I have done it myself. It is a little hard to pull off, but it is definitely there. In a couple weeks I may get a dazzle recorder thing in a couple weeks (They are effing expensive for someone who doesnt have a job. I also need to buff up my computer to run it.) but if no one has posted a video of it by then I would be glad to show it.

nightSN

Smash Ace
hmmm doesnt sound right because whenever i dair to the ground i always have lag time, unless im thinking about melee. =.=

phate

Smash Apprentice
You do your down air as soon as you can in a full jump. You wouldn't land with any lag, but if you time your 2nd jump correctly, you do it again without touching the ground. Then the same with a third jump, never touching the ground; and so on.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a better explanation is in order then.

I got it to work once.

What I'm doing is holding D, then FJ and immediately Dair, then start mashing jump and A as soon as I'm near the ground. Does that not work? also, his DJ has different hieght than his FJ, so after the first one you would have to switch up timing.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Not really, the timing for the jumps are always right before you hit the ground. Also after the 2nd jump you d-air as soon as you can if that wasn't clear.

Edit: ok its not really right before you land. It is difficult to explain, but if anyone wants to see it, pm me so we can exchange Wii numbers and brawl friend codes so i can send a replay of it. You have to watch the video all the way through though, it takes me awhile to get it. This would take a tremendous amount of practice to be put to good use, but I think this could prove to be a solid technique.

Top Bottom