• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong General Discussion Thread

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Randomly awesome thing you can do to Jiggs (and Jiggs only). At pretty much any percent above 100, dthrow running SH punch. It legitimately combos and, I believe, is basically DI proof - although I'm not sure about down and away DI.
Awwww man....you told them my "MEXICAN combo". Whenever i play a jiggs, i ask them "do you wanna see the MEXICAN combo?" lol, jiggs players in general never expected to be combo'd. Btw, you can also cg with the d throw against jiggs a few times at low percentages if they don't expect it. I usually do 2 cg's (by this time they've realized that they need to di away), and then i u throw and u air. It gets the most damage done off of a grab.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
Interesting, I've heard from some jiggly players I know that DK gives them a hard time but I never figured why outside of his Bair spam and strong finishers.
6:4 for puff imo.

All they have to do is really focus on getting rests, and DK is pretty much doomed.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
i thought the MEXICAN combo was back air to Giant Punch on characters like Marth

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
but its not your combo bc mexican told me it like a year ago
err i think... i might have simply stumbled upon it during testing. i remember for sure that mex told me about it at some point though. you ain't the maka

ridiculous combos:
weak bair -> standing up-b. did this on a sheik.
fair -> giant punch. did this on last stock against a falcon. don't do it unless its last stock cuz you die from jumping off-stage ;(
cargo uthrow -> dair into a platform -> techchase. so good
i don't remember anything else. anything -> taunt is like 0-death though

otg

Smash Master
but its not your combo bc mexican told me it like a year ago
err i think... i might have simply stumbled upon it during testing. i remember for sure that mex told me about it at some point though. you ain't the maka

ridiculous combos:
weak bair -> standing up-b. did this on a sheik.
fair -> giant punch. did this on last stock against a falcon. don't do it unless its last stock cuz you die from jumping off-stage ;(
cargo uthrow -> dair into a platform -> techchase. so good
i don't remember anything else. anything -> taunt is like 0-death though
Weak bair -> standing upB is **** as hell. I did two bairs to standing upB on Jona and it was recorded, but of course he refuses to upload it. Anytime an opponent is forced onto a platform, I always try to tech chase with dair. It's just so ****ing good.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i've seen pkmvodka try the dair techchase on platforms occasionally iirc.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I haven't actually had a chance to test this myself, but i think if you're on a stage like pokemon stadium, and you're playing a character that you can't combo from cargo u throw, i think if you throw them forward, they'll land on the platform and you can u air combo them from there once they stand up. I THINK it'll work on characters like ganon, shiek, link, etc. Somebody test this.....ready go.

Side note- I do a lot of combos, the d throw to giant punch on jiggs is the only one i usually call the MEXICAN combo. I think i've occasionally called it the MEXICAN combo when i'm respawning and charge my giant punch and someone tries to attack me before it finishes charging and i just let it loose and ko them....So....I don't know what to call that one...lol

Top Bottom