• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Country: The Return Of K. Rool

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What do you guys think would be a good way to bring him and the kremlings back in the new DKC games? I'm pretty sure almost everyone on here misses stomping on them and hearing the funny sounds they made when you did as well, as well as their crazy gimmicks. I think it could follow as a plot twist from the first two DKC games(DKCR and DKTF) like say Tiki Tong was summoned by him as a witch doctor to try and slow down the Kong's as he regained his kremling army, when that did'nt work, he turned to the vikings and even gave them his ships to borrow, obviously that failed also. Having regained his army now though with a new plan on destroying the Kongs, he's ready to go back and thwart the Kongs once more. Not only does he have his basic military kremling henchman but his pirate ones as well, the pirate kremlings roam the seas and part of the congo jungle shore why the military ones hunt the kongs down deep within the jungle, everyone is back including the critters, krushas, klumps, and claptraps. I think it'd be a good way to make long time DKC gamers happy if you ask me as well as a new way to introduce the game series. Heck if they want, they could even still add the vikings in it but only as minor enemies. Feel free if anyone wants to add more.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I like it. I really want K rool back as well as the kremlings. I miseed them after DK64(Best DK ever) and everything DK 64 had. We want DK 64 returns, please Nintendo, please

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Finally, one comment after 3 months lol. Thanks, glad you like the idea and I too would like another DK game similar to DK64.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
It was all so good and so unique. Why can't we have another? I'm personally getting kinda bored with the new side scrollers like tropical freeze, the next one doesn't need to be like that because now it's really starting to get stale

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I don't mind the nostalgia from time to time but if you're going to do it right, add things like the kremlings and animal buddies besides Rambi. As far as the gameplay style goes, maybe they could have it kinda mixed like super mario 3d world. Have some parts of the level in 3-d as you play them then cut to 2-d side scrolling and vice versa. As a matter of fact, I think Tropical Freeze did that on one of the minecart levels. They should bring back all the kongs from the past games too and not just limit them to 3 or 4 only.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Heck the title alone "Return of K Rool" would sell the game. It has been long enough, people are seriously missing K Rool. I'd like to see all the classic enemies return; the beavers, the Zingers, etc.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't think DKC needs Kremlings anymore, animal buddies are effectively replacd by Diddy, Dixie and Cranky and please god no more kongs.

DKC getting different enemies with each installment is perfect. Keeps it fresh. Kremlings got stale after DKC2.

Heck the title alone "Return of K Rool" would sell the game. It has been long enough, people are seriously missing K Rool. I'd like to see all the classic enemies return; the beavers, the Zingers, etc.
They'll see the title and ask "who is krool?"

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I really like how they have been introducing a new villain each game. I like that system. It gives space for fresher villains. I mean, how many games have we had Bowser be the main Mario villain? I think K. Rool should come back for one game, though... But not quite yet.

Top Bottom