• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Confirmed

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Never was a fan of DK in SSB since hes a large character and thats not my style. Though his SNES GAMES RAWKED! Glad to see him back as a punching bag when I'm practicing with CPU since I'll need to brush off the um.. two years of rust and caked grime.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Never was a fan of DK in SSB since hes a large character and thats not my style. Though his SNES GAMES RAWKED! Glad to see him back as a punching bag when I'm practicing with CPU since I'll need to brush off the um.. two years of rust and caked grime.
* Primes DK's Donkey Punch.*

Here's the wind-up...and the pitch---!

* Brings a big, furry fist forward with anime-like velocity. He punches Onyx right out of the ballpark, his hapless form fleeing into the night sky until he is but a single speck in the grand splendor of the evening. The NBA Jam announcer from the SNES version of the game suddenly blares over a metaphysical mic, screaming the words "Monster jam!" to the people of this thread.*

* Does DK's taunt to accentuate his deed.*

DK as a punching bag? Have a care, sir; gorillas are an endangered species, you know. I'll call yo' *** in for cruelty to animals or poaching! Lol

Anyway...

I love Donkey Kong's makeover for Brawl. Everything about him is incredibly detailed---right down to the cowlick on top of his head! I wonder what kinda moveset Sakurai and Company are gonna give him this time around. Hopefully they don't take out the DP---that move was hilarious to use, especially after you cargo somebody a couple of times. While I'm not partial to the Donkey Konga games, I think DK whipping out the bongo drums is appropriate for his Final Smash.

Smooth Criminal

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i love that makeover two, and i hope they speed him up a little bit as a character, i mean he certainly looks smaller in this game weight wise, and he plays closer to the ground this time around it looks like. but his hands do look bigger in this game, so i have no idea what all of this means now....

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
* Primes DK's Donkey Punch.*

Here's the wind-up...and the pitch---!

* Brings a big, furry fist forward with anime-like velocity. He punches Onyx right out of the ballpark, his hapless form fleeing into the night sky until he is but a single speck in the grand splendor of the evening. The NBA Jam announcer from the SNES version of the game suddenly blares over a metaphysical mic, screaming the words "Monster jam!" to the people of this thread.*

* Does DK's taunt to accentuate his deed.*

DK as a punching bag? Have a care, sir; gorillas are an endangered species, you know. I'll call yo' *** in for cruelty to animals or poaching! Lol

Anyway...

I love Donkey Kong's makeover for Brawl. Everything about him is incredibly detailed---right down to the cowlick on top of his head! I wonder what kinda moveset Sakurai and Company are gonna give him this time around. Hopefully they don't take out the DP---that move was hilarious to use, especially after you cargo somebody a couple of times. While I'm not partial to the Donkey Konga games, I think DK whipping out the bongo drums is appropriate for his Final Smash.

Smooth Criminal
Uh, hes a big target for my noobness. And why not take DK out of the game if you don't want him to get hurt.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Uh, hes a big target for my noobness. And why not take DK out of the game if you don't want him to get hurt.
You know what? I think I'll talk to Sakurai about that tomorrow when he comes over for tea and crumpets. Smash players like you need to be a little more considerate of an endangered species!

Tch. A punching bag---if you had the chance, I bet you'd shoot DK and take him to a taxidermist.

:laugh:

Smooth Criminal

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
because dk is a veteran and allot of people play him. hell i've seen people pwn fox and falco with DK in melee, so i think he can take care of himself

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
You know what? I think I'll talk to Sakurai about that tomorrow when he comes over for tea and crumpets. Smash players like you need to be a little more considerate of an endangered species!

Tch. A punching bag---if you had the chance, I bet you'd shoot DK and take him to a taxidermist.

:laugh:

Smooth Criminal
I don't think those are words to use with a furry like myself.. saying I don't care about animals >< I'll be playing online and if they use DK I guess I have no choice eh?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Everything, it doesn't stop attacks.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Finally my main is confirmed.

I mean I think we all knew he would be in but still, good to finally see him,
hope we get a update on the website about him this week. And I hope they
give us more brawl info/a better trailer before the week is over.
HIGH FIVE!! He's sooooo in there!

I have to admit it, I was nervous and uneasy that DK might not appear in Brawl as a playable character. Now that he's confirmed, I can finally catch up on my sleep.

*Zzzzzzz*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It honestly looks like DK hasn't been changed much at all. Whether this is good or not remains to be seen. :ohwell:

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Even if it sucks as a direct attack, at least it apparently buffs him up temporarily. Plus, we've only seen it one-on-one. With more players, they'll probably try to knock each other into it.
Also, he apparently still can't vB in the air. That's depressing. If not the clap from Jungle Beat, they could have at least given him a Falcon Kick like Sonic and Zamus.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
i've never been a huge donkey kong fan. i kinda liked that e was a bit of a cult hit though. but what i especially like is albino donkey. that is just sex on wheels!

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Dk

I hope that DK will actually be good in this one. In every game the makers have every intention of making him a strong character, but it just never works. Maybe they revised the whole heavy weight section

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hm.. I really hope he's a little better this time, but gimpy said he lost range on some of his attacks and that his Giant Punch got nerfed. I'm really worried about him. Now that he has his great look from DKC I want to play as him even more, but if he sucks it would be really sad...

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
DK looks good, of course he had to return for brawl! He looks cool so far but I thought his FS could've been better.

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong... alwyas has that happy grin on his face... what's not to love?
=2007=

Top Bottom