• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong 1.0.6 version changes

nikoryan

Smash Cadet
I don't know if any of yall mentioned this and I don't know if this is new.

But when you're facing right with DK and do down B, he turns to his left and does it. This doesn't happen the other way around. Is this new?

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if any of yall mentioned this and I don't know if this is new.

But when you're facing right with DK and do down B, he turns to his left and does it. This doesn't happen the other way around. Is this new?
I do not observe this behavior. Maybe it's time to get a new controller?

SILENTWALL

Smash Rookie
I found 2 more changes DK got. I noticed that his ledge roll seemed way better than I remembered, so I checked it and confirmed my suspicions. Both his Ledge Roll and Ledge Atk have less endlag. Now his Ledge Roll isn't terrible.
Nice! So you counted the frames, right? Is it an universal changes that every characters' endlag of these moves got improved? Anyway, I set it confirmed then. Thank you.

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
now that you guys had time, do any of you still think his fsmash got better? i wish that was the case. i dont think it changed a bit

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
i think they changed it ever so slightly to where if they are standing right in front of you, as opposed to moving towards you in any way, that it hits. Though I'm still not sure about this, I wish someone would just test it already so we know.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
now that you guys had time, do any of you still think his fsmash got better? i wish that was the case. i dont think it changed a bit
Ya I still think Fsmash got better. It still whiffs if they walk into you, but it doesn't whiff if they stand in front of you anymore for the most part. Fsmash whiffs a lot less often than it used to for me. I'd get around to testing it side by side, but the data dump should be coming soon, so I don't think it's worth doing at this point.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Not only if they walk into you but jump into you too.

SILENTWALL

Smash Rookie
Big O, Are you sure fsmash did whiff if they stand in front of you in previous version? If it was, I will confirm "the hitboxes extend closer to the body" in first post.

I found a video about closer extended hit box for ftilt. Look like it still whiff even Ness didn't stump on Donkey K.'s toes in previous version.

itsaxelol, For the push effect of Fsmash, I'm still not sure without a video comparison. But the push effect on Mario's shield is weird. Unfortunately, I forget if it is as same as previous version.
Have you tried the push effect on Full charged, 10 & 9 winds of Special? Do you see any different?

Last edited:

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Ya I still think Fsmash got better. It still whiffs if they walk into you, but it doesn't whiff if they stand in front of you anymore for the most part. Fsmash whiffs a lot less often than it used to for me. I'd get around to testing it side by side, but the data dump should be coming soon, so I don't think it's worth doing at this point.
keep me posted and tag me when it does. id be willing to bet a testicle on it not being buffed

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
it was proven there was no change at all, right?
The data dump for 1.06 still hasn't happened yet, so there is no easy way to verify any potential changes. It probably shouldn't take too long for the data dump to happen.

I have a feeling we will have another patch in June for Lucas, so I don't think it's going to matter for very long.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
Dk's ledge getups in his attack getup and roll getup did get buffed as well (less lag), lets not forget. I stilll think Fsmash got a slight buff in that it doesn't whiff if they are standing right in front of you, but whatever.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
One thing I did extensively with DK was having characters stand still in front of DK when doing the forward Smash. Sonic was one who I could not touch at point blank. I took several pictures and made a stink about it on Miiverse. I did it over and over but now though I can't recreate that.

Now that is only slightly better because if Sonic does walk toward you it will miss. Still I am certain the hit box was extended just a little bit.

Top Bottom