• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

thundrio

Smash Cadet
I just setup Dolphin Netplay on a macbook and am having an issue with the controller (I'm using a raphnet GC/USB adapter). Everything works fine, except my C-left doesn't work when I am on the ground. I can do aerial's with c-left, and using a to do a left smash works fine, but when my character is on the ground C-left just doesn't work. Also when I use keyboard controls, c-left works as intended, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Advice?

Kitsune91

Lone Smasher
3DS FC
4270-1611-3292
"Failed to load D3DCompiler_42.dll, update your DX11 runtime, please" Is an error I keep getting. I've tried several things to get this error to stop appearing but no luck. Please help? Sorry if this has been answered before.
May be a little too late, but if you are still having this issue I know how to resolve it. Well, if ANYONE is having this issue send me a message and I can help get Dolphin running on your system.

Last edited:

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Tried netplay last night and I couldn't connect to anybody. I am however, trying this on a tethered phone. My average ping is 105. Is that enough to get a connection going? If it is, I'll know my issue is something other than ping.

Upke

Smash Journeyman

Maruko

Smash Rookie
I have done everything to setup Dolphin and SSBM for online connectivity and read the Procedure section above various times and yet I can't connect to others or host. The UDP issue not supporting my router isn't a problem either and as far as alterations go, I have only changed the graphical options that are irrelevant to the actual setup. Is anyone having this issue as well?

psythr

Smash Rookie
I just got my Mayflag Gamecube to USB adaptor and tried to play some Melee via Dolphin. Everything works right as rain and I'm running it at the full 60 fps with little to no hiccups, the only problem is I'm having some pretty noticeable input lag. It's playable but nothing competitive. I tried the same thing with my Bluetooth PS3 controller and it was basically the same amount of lag.

I'm running on a Mac and my current specs are 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5, 14 GB of memory, with an AMD Radeon HD (512 MB) Graphics card.

Please please please please somebody help me out here because I work weekends so I miss out on most of the local Smashfests and tournaments.

Lultam

Smash Cadet
I've been having a tough time trying to get netplay working, I've followed YT tutorials to no avail. Here's a few imgur links to my settings:

http://i.imgur.com/TE9l7iY.png

http://i.imgur.com/Gx5NzOh.png

http://i.imgur.com/Kd1xwIX.png

I do live in a small town in Australia that's like 5 hours flying from the nearest big city if that makes a difference but my internet is hald decent (12Mbps DL, 1 UP) and my laptop has an Intel Core i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8CPUs), 16GB RAM, Direct X 11.

Habureaka

Smash Rookie
IM pretty sure my specs are good enough yet the game even without running hacks or anything isnt running at consistant full speed (VPS at like 80-96% most of time while in game) i dont get it.
My specs are:

Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 2.4 GHz
Category: Performance
Generation: 10th
Brand: Core i7 3rd Gen
Cores: 8
Your CPU ranks in the 80th percentile.
Out of worldwide population of 4,128,546 Intel processors, your processor is more powerful than 3,322,692 others.

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Chipset: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Memory: 64 MB
Category: Mainstream
Generation: 11th
DirectX: 11
Your graphics card ranks in the 68th percentile.
Out of worldwide population of 2,380,812 Intel graphics devices, your device is more powerful than 1,630,162 others.

I also have a secondary graphics card (i cant get the website to test it for some reason):
It is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (what i use for most games).

Heres My Operating System:

Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Out of worldwide population of 5,772,604 computers, your Windows version is in a group of 3,726,406.

and heres my Ram:
Size: 8.1 GB
Your Memory ranks in the 95th percentile.
Out of worldwide population of 5,767,660 computers, the size of your memory is greater than 5,486,268 others.

why the hell cant this run netplay melee with relative ease. I just dont understand

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
IM pretty sure my specs are good enough yet the game even without running hacks or anything isnt running at consistant full speed (VPS at like 80-96% most of time while in game) i dont get it.
My specs are:

Out of worldwide population of 4,128,546 Intel processors, your processor is more powerful than 3,322,692 others.

Out of worldwide population of 2,380,812 Intel graphics devices, your device is more powerful than 1,630,162 others.

I also have a secondary graphics card (i cant get the website to test it for some reason):

Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Out of worldwide population of 5,772,604 computers, your Windows version is in a group of 3,726,406.

and heres my Ram:
Out of worldwide population of 5,767,660 computers, the size of your memory is greater than 5,486,268 others.

why the hell cant this run netplay melee with relative ease. I just dont understand
My best guess is an Optimus issue. Try to see if you can use your Nvidia driver's options to force Dolphin to run on the 660M. You can confirm that it's an Optimus issue if, before doing anything, turning up the graphical settings (e.g. 1xIR to 2xIR) slows down the game.

Lultam

Smash Cadet
My best guess is an Optimus issue. Try to see if you can use your Nvidia driver's options to force Dolphin to run on the 660M. You can confirm that it's an Optimus issue if, before doing anything, turning up the graphical settings (e.g. 1xIR to 2xIR) slows down the game.
Hey Fishaman, do you have any idea what might be causing the issues with netplay from my screens?

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Hey Fishaman, do you have any idea what might be causing the issues with netplay from my screens?
I saw 3 things that could be issues:

1) Framelimit at 60. Mine works fine at Auto (the default and recommended AFAIK), so try that. This would be more of a desync issue than a connection issue.
2) Force Netplay Listen Port. I've never used a build that had this option, so it may be interfering. Or maybe it's required, and I'm not keeping with the times. This would definitely fall under connection issues if it's doing anything.
3) DSPLLE on Separate Thread should always be OFF no matter what. This would be more of a desync issue than a connection issue.

Last edited:

Mitch979

Smash Rookie
Need help guys.

I've got the correct dolphin installed, cheats enabled, the global melee netplay cheat enabled, and both memory cards turned to nothing. Every time I open melee it tells me that there's no memory card in slot a and asks me if I want to continue. This is what the cheat is supposed to get rid of right? I have no idea what do, I JUST WANNA PLAY SOME MELEE :(

Gillmatic

Multifaceted Lacerator
I have no idea why, but I can't get into that chat room. I'll provide a username and a password, and it will either say I need to register (then do nothing) or just say the password is invalid and disconnect. Can someone please help me?

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
I cannot get dolphin to detect my controller using a mayflash adapter. Running on a mac.
Is there a guide/troubleshooting resource?

V-K

Smash Ace
Is there any way to decrease lag? When I play with someone who has 45 ping I feel like I have a full second lag.

I cannot get dolphin to detect my controller using a mayflash adapter. Running on a mac.
Is there a guide/troubleshooting resource?
Have you selected the right USB controller in the settings?

Jonte

Smash Cadet
Need help guys.

I've got the correct dolphin installed, cheats enabled, the global melee netplay cheat enabled, and both memory cards turned to nothing. Every time I open melee it tells me that there's no memory card in slot a and asks me if I want to continue. This is what the cheat is supposed to get rid of right? I have no idea what do, I JUST WANNA PLAY SOME MELEE :(
Most people with this problem forgot to check "Enable Cheats" box at Options->Configure [Basic Settings]

the wizard howl

Smash Apprentice
Have you selected the right USB controller in the settings?
gamecube controller plugged into the left mayflash port, mayflash plugged into usb, dolphin loaded, sGCPad Configuration for Pad 1 elected Device: Input/0/USB Gamepad
No response when I spin the sticks etc.

Noble_Of_The_South

Smash Rookie
My specs are:

and heres my Ram:

I feel like im having a similar problem:
I run a I7-4930k 3.40 ghz and i have a geforce 770 and i have a really bad half second delay. Maybe its just my graphic settings, tried setting them at max and i still couldnt run it. Any help would be great.

Last edited:

ajsockenbart

Smash Rookie
Hey is it still possible to get it running on windows xp? since i see most people on irc having the proper versions for newer os and id really like to play online sometime tho i suck at this game :D

PancakeLover

Smash Rookie
Hi, I hope that belongs in here...
I'm playing on my PC using Dolphin emulator. I made an iso from my original MELEE disc, I bought over 10 years ago (yes, at the release day :DD). My problem now is that I have the Revision 0 version but need Revision 2 (v1.02), to play online. Since Iam not going to download a rom illegally, I wanted to ask if there is any way to patch my version? I tried the patcher for WinXP I found here on the forums, but it is unforunately only working for NTSC versions. I have a PAL version of the game. Still any possibilities for me?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
So I downloaded the version of Dolphin on the OP, but when I checked the available AR Codes for Melee

Global Melee Netplay settings aren't there. Am I doing something wrong?

Fishious

Smash Rookie
Your melee disk must be 1.02.
Also, for those people having input delay problems (even in singleplayer) try using OpenGL graphics mode. My game went from feeling laggy to feeling like I was playing on my Wii. If it helps, I have an AMD HD5850 and an i5 750.

Now can anyone help fix my stuttering issue? I have tried everything and the only thing that seems to work is changing the frame limit to Audio which runs flawlessly but at 65fps so its too fast for netplay (desyncs)

Stake

Smash Cadet
If anyone in Maine or New Hampshire has netplay, I would love to play because I hate having gamepad buffer, and if you wanna play then reply here please. See you hopefully lol xD.

L0SERR

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,

My dolphin crashes on startup. It only happens with this version: 4.0-652
When i run the program, i immediately get this error : gyazo. com/4b970bbe6c42825b4fa15657963d7a68

I don't get the program window or anything, just this error immediately.
Please can somebody suggest a fix? I just bought this new pc and gc adapter to play online.

I have checked the has of my iso.
I have updated DirectX runtime and Microsoft visual C++.
Thanks a lot, appreciate any help

EDIT: I found that the problem was because i used the x64 version. Even though my system is 64bit, only the x86 program runs without crashing.

Last edited:

Wind

Smash Cadet
Having strange issues with the R and L triggers. In USB Gamepad setup, the controller is working perfectly. However, dolphin is being really finicky. R-Analog and L-Analog are working as intended. However, when I fully press down on L, L doesn't activate, and when I fully press down on R, L activates. I'm 100% certain I've set everything up right, and I've even double checked with the controller settings in the OP. Any help would be appreciated!

Stake

Smash Cadet
When setting up the R and L button, you have to click it fast, make sure it says L is button 4 and R is button 5 and it will be okay. Don't just click it down all the way, tap it fast.

meowth_

Smash Cadet
**Edit

(Keep in mind this took days of settings up, along with spending all yesterday afternoon (5 hours) doing back and forth meticulously tinkering with settings on three different computers, one windows reformat, and 5 or 6 different versions of Dolphin. All done online with RL friends in my city)

Dropping in to confirm melee and mario kart double dash are working and can go live. Spent most of my early 4th of July doing 1v1s with a friend who lives about half a mile away. Buffer was set to 3, we have 0 desyncs on the 4.0-652 x64 using the same settings in config, graphics, and the properties tab on doubledash inside of the dolphin list. We are able to run all games with dual core on, everything defaulted the way it comes prepackaged with the 4.0-652 setup.

Double dash runs native, fully functional with netplay, 0 lag 0 desync (make sure you both turn on cheats once the host starts the game, go to tools -> cheats manager -> everything unlocked AR cheat).

Will be uploading videos of our glorious success either this afternoon when he gets back or tonight after we've gotten more matches in.

PC specs (this is a laptop):

quad-core i7 4700MQ @ 2.5GHz
8 gigs DDR3
2 SLI GTX 750M

My friend is running a weaker 6 core AMD system with 8 gigs of ram and one dedicated nvidia card, think it's a fermi.

Amazing work here with DOlphin, this netplay appears to require absolutely the bare minimum connection. Was able to play lag free despite heavy network usage and full on downloading from our computers, dolphin never desync'd or skipped a beat. All other versions are unsable for netplay, stick with 4.0-652 that is recommended in guide.

Netplay is great if you want to do inner-city WAN type tournaments. I have tried with people out of state and from other cities and it's a bit laggy. Double dash lags hard if one of the computers can't handle it. Melee does too.

Last edited:

Belthasar

Smash Rookie
I'm unsure if anyone else has experienced this, but I'm having some difficulty setting up my gamecube controller for use with my PC.

I bought the new white GameCube controller from Amazon and the 2-slot Mayflash adapter, and have installed the Mayflash drivers from their website. Although the USB GamePad shows up in Device Manager without any detected problems, the controller doesn't work for more than a few seconds on each startup. The issue seems to be linked to the left analog stick; R and L buttons work fine beforehand, but once I move the analog stick around and then return it to the home position, everything stops working completely.

Any ideas?

meowth_

Smash Cadet
Belthasar,

Is this a problem you are experiencing from 4.0-652? We had a problem with a USB webcam being detected as a controller last night. It was the sole reason for my friend's inability to get 4.0-652 working. We kept trying netplay with other versions, which all seemed to load the iso fine, only to find that the 4.0-652 crashed his computer on load up. I recommend removing any surplus USB devices from your computer and trying to run it.

Some followup:

A) How many versions of dolphin do you have on your computer?

B) Have you tried clearing the GCpad .ini file in Documents -> Dolphin Emulator -> Config ?

C) Have you tried using the latest stable version of dolphin to test the controller's connectivity?

D) Have you fiddled with the threshold and radius settings of the controller configuration? Try putting them at default.

Belthasar

Smash Rookie
Belthasar,

Is this a problem you are experiencing from 4.0-652? We had a problem with a USB webcam being detected as a controller last night. It was the sole reason for my friend's inability to get 4.0-652 working. We kept trying netplay with other versions, which all seemed to load the iso fine, only to find that the 4.0-652 crashed his computer on load up. I recommend removing any surplus USB devices from your computer and trying to run it.

Some followup:

A) How many versions of dolphin do you have on your computer?

B) Have you tried clearing the GCpad .ini file in Documents -> Dolphin Emulator -> Config ?

C) Have you tried using the latest stable version of dolphin to test the controller's connectivity?

D) Have you fiddled with the threshold and radius settings of the controller configuration? Try putting them at default.
Wow, that was a fast reply! Thanks!

I followed the directions in the OP, so this IS a problem with 4.0-652. I think there may be something to the "other USB devices" theory, as I plugged the controller and adapter into my laptop (with no attached devices) and everything worked fine. So, we can rule out problems with connectivity.

However, I have no trouble starting 4.0-652 or running SSBM; I can easily connect to a friend's lobby and watch people play. The issue is solely one of controller input. I'm going to try restarting now, having disconnected all other USB devices. I'll get back to you shortly.

EDIT: I HAVE RETURNED

Ok, so it looks like one or more of my USB devices was interfering, as everything seems to work fine now. How odd. Did you manage to get everything to work without unplugging everything else? I'd prefer to not have to unplug and restart every time I want to play, and was hoping that I could Skype with the people I'm (hopefully) destroying over netplay.

Last edited:

meowth_

Smash Cadet
Wow, that was a fast reply! Thanks!

I followed the directions in the OP, so this IS a problem with 4.0-652. I think there may be something to the "other USB devices" theory, as I plugged the controller and adapter into my laptop (with no attached devices) and everything worked fine. So, we can rule out problems with connectivity.

However, I have no trouble starting 4.0-652 or running SSBM; I can easily connect to a friend's lobby and watch people play. The issue is solely one of controller input. I'm going to try restarting now, having disconnected all other USB devices. I'll get back to you shortly.

EDIT: I HAVE RETURNED

Ok, so it looks like one or more of my USB devices was interfering, as everything seems to work fine now. How odd. Did you manage to get everything to work without unplugging everything else? I'd prefer to not have to unplug and restart every time I want to play, and was hoping that I could Skype with the people I'm (hopefully) destroying over netplay.

Yes, I have spent the past few days changing all different types of settings on three different computers with different networks and owners. As a result, I have managed to figure out quite a bit about the bugs that are being encountered by the people using the program. 4.0-652 seems to be extremely reliable and stable, so whatever is different about this installation seems to be working the best. There are the USB device bugs, and possibly others, but my configuration seems to be running flawlessly.

Edit*

Right now we are currently using the complete default settings on the 4.0-652. I have my mouse plugged in, as well as my controller, and my USB WIFI network antenna. Those are my only USB devices, and my friends might have other things plugged in, but I know for sure that the person who was crashing upon loading the ISO has since removed his USB Webcam because it was somehow causing crashes. As far as I know, none of us have any other USB devices besides mouse, maybe a phone charger, or a USB lan device, maybe a sound device but I'm not sure.

If you can provide your computer's name or the hardware that is inside of it I can help you further. Just respond with a question, I will be idling this thread for a bit.

Oh doudlbe edit:

MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS USING THE SAME ISO (right click iso go to properties and then go to info and calculate the md5 checksum in order to check if your isos are the same. Otherwise you will desync)

Last edited:

rdn

Smash Rookie
So I've been getting a disconnection error a lot from the Melee Netplay IRC and I'm not too sure why. I would include a screenshot, but it seems I need 10 posts before I can link anything.

The error reads: "An error occurred: Invalid session, this most likely means the server has restarted; close this dialog and then try refreshing the page."

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and solved for somebody with a similar issue, but I seem to be having a very difficult time connecting to the IRC sometimes. I can close everything except for the IRC and Dolphin, refresh the page multiple times, and still end up with problems. If anyone has any suggestions for improvising on this, please do.

meowth_

Smash Cadet
So I've been getting a disconnection error a lot from the Melee Netplay IRC and I'm not too sure why. I would include a screenshot, but it seems I need 10 posts before I can link anything.

The error reads: "An error occurred: Invalid session, this most likely means the server has restarted; close this dialog and then try refreshing the page."

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before and solved for somebody with a similar issue, but I seem to be having a very difficult time connecting to the IRC sometimes. I can close everything except for the IRC and Dolphin, refresh the page multiple times, and still end up with problems. If anyone has any suggestions for improvising on this, please do.

I haven't had any problems with the IRC channel but from what I have read, this can happen when using the IRC from within a browser. Earlier in the thread I saw a suggestion that said to download the IRC client and learn how to connect to the channel via the client itself.

Phyanketto

Smash Cadet
I've just built a new computer, and I'm running Ubuntu ver. 14.04. How do Install the necessary version of dolphin; the dolphin site's downloads apparently aren't supported on my machine.

Top Bottom