• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dolphin emulator AR problems

Mokumo

Smash Ace
okay, so i went to the dolphin emulator website (http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/), asked a question, and immediately got banned. lol.

I'm gonna ask the same question on smashboards. so mods, plz don't ban me, this is one of my favorite websites. ;) if i'm breaking any rules just delete this thread right away, no beefs.

I managed to find two different ISOs of Super Smash Bros. Melee, one of my favorite videogames, which i attend tournaments to regularly. I want to emulate this game on my computer for a few reasons, the main two being for online play (which might become popular someday) and because i want to mess around in debug mode and learn more about the game.

The ladder requires use of Action Replay, which I am having trouble getting to work. Here's what's going on: I check off the cheats (m), Unlock All Characters and Stages, and Debug Menu Replaces Training. I think the first one is the "master cheat" or something and you have to check it off if you're doing anything. The second two i found online and set up with Dolphin; I'm pretty sure I did it correctly. Even if I didn't, I don't think that's the problem. Absolutely nothing happens when I just run the second two (even though when I boot up the game the text says those codes are active).

The whole thing pretty much crashes when I activate all three of them, I get a series of messages, which I'll write down below:
___
"Action Replay Error: Master Code and Write To CCXXXXXX not implemented ((m))"

"ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=00000000"

"iCacheJT: Reading Opcode from fffffffc. Please report."
___

So that's what happens. This is what happens when I use the hacked version that I have, which includes various texture hacks (captain america costume for captain falcon, etc.) and music hacks. It's a .GCM file, so it shows up on that list when you open up Dolphin. Would that really screw up the AR stuff that I'm trying to do?

I have an ISO of a pretty much normal copy of SSBM, I think the music has been hacked a little, but I don't know how to get AR to work when I'm running the game off an ISO. I mount it on DaemonTools, then I run that on Dolphin, but I don't know how to use AR for that or to get it on that cool little list that my .GCM files are on.
So yeah, that's my problem. Can anybody help me out? I would really like to fool around with debug mode and do some SuperDoodleMan kinda stuff on my computer.

If you're in the mood for a laugh, here's the original thread i posted on the Dolphin forums: http://forums.dolphin-emulator.com/showthread.php?tid=15288

allav866

Smash Rookie
Well, you might've gotten in trouble for talking about how you downloaded pirated games; it's kinda frowned upon, y'know? I'm bumping this, because I have the same problem. :glare:

Massive

Smash Champion
There are multiple versions of the game floating around, and there are multiple versions of the AR codes on the list as well. Try using different combinations of them until you find one that works.

Alternatively, you can look up the actual AR codes for whatever version you have and input them manually.

Just FYI, I have never actually gotten the built-in AR codes to work for my copy of melee.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
If you want to play with debug mode, simply go to this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296527

It describes how to replace your .DOL file in your .iso using GC-Tool. Once the .DOL is replaced, the hacks will be hard-coded into the game. I personally have tried it and it works. Magus has a download for a couple different versions of melee. To find out what version your .iso is, I think it's in the box labeled "Maker code" when you open it with GC-Tool. Mine says Maker Code: 0x01, which I think means version 0.01 (but not sure about this)

Top Bottom