• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dojo reveal: Olimar

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Not surprised. With Pikmin 3 releasing on Wii U soon. Hoping to see the good captain return with some new Pikmin as well.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If reveals are tied to game releases, I can't wait for when Pokemon is almost out.

Also, dat whistle

Tesh

Smash Hero
well as far as new releases this year we have relevant to smash
august -pikmin 3, new super luigi u (the disc release)
september -wonderful 101
october -sonic lost worlds, windwaker HD
november-donkey kong tropical freeze
december -earthbound, new super mario 3d world

could be a pretty exciting set of reveals coming up then

lint789

Smash Cadet
It appears he can only use 3 Pikmin at a time. I hope his Up B is changed.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
^^
Either that, or Donkey Kong Jungle stage???

Glad Olimar is back, really enjoy'd using him in Brawl :D

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A nice reveal, never really enjoyed playing him but glad that he is back. Kind of surprised that he was revealed before Yoshi though, but I guess it times well with Pikmin 3. Just glad that we finally had a Dojo reveal.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's definitely a Pikmin stage. I know my Pikmin and that stage's art style closely resembles the environments in Pikmin.

Plus there's a spaceship in one screenshot.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, I wonder if we'll be getting monthly (starter roster) character reveals up until the release of the games?

Next.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Anyone notice that its been close to a full month since SSB4's announcement. Guessing each month we get a character reveal.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
YES! I was so worried he would be replaced with one of the new characters in Pikmin! So happy :3

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is a nice reveal. I must say the Pikmin models actually look good. Also, just noticed the whistle.

It looks like that is the Pikmin stage in the background and it keep with a very natural look. I'l like to see more of it.. Also, with this reveal, I suspect we'll have a decent flow of characters. It has only been a month and here we have Olimar. Also, non of the screenshots are of the DS version like Villager and WFT. I wonder why.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The Pikmin he uses are still the same,it either means that we could get a newcomer with the new ones,or they're in but Sakurai keeps the secret until later.It could also mean there are just no Pikmin 3 Pikmins.
The stage is from Pikmin 3 I think,I don't remember that SpaceShip,if that's the case,the new Pikmins could be stage hazard.

This is a nice reveal. I must say the Pikmin models actually look good. Also, just noticed the whistle.

It looks like that is the Pikmin stage in the background and it keep with a very natural look. I'l like to see more of it.. Also, with this reveal, I suspect we'll have a decent flow of characters. It has only been a month and here we have Olimar. Also, non of the screenshots are of the DS version like Villager and WFT. I wonder why.
The 3DS has difficulties with multiple characters with their own AI (Pikmins) , Olimar in developpement might be why we heard about it in the first place.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This is very interesting. Out of all the title characters that have their own main series and are not sub characters, I really expected Olimar to be one of the characters opted to get the axe should it be required to make room for any planned newcomers.

What this tells me is that it's likely there will be a much smaller roster of newcomers this time around.

It appears he can only use 3 Pikmin at a time. I hope his Up B is changed.

If this is true, I think its a very good change to his overall design concept.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

lol

I'm glad Pikmin is back.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Olimar has been revealed and all I see in this thread is complaining, isn't that what you wanted?

By the way, it's definitely a Pikmin stage, it has P3's spaceship

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Olimar has been revealed and all I see in this thread is complaining, isn't that what you wanted?

By the way, it's definitely a Pikmin stage, it has P3's spaceship

What were you reading? Besides maybe two posters, everyone else seems quite excited to me.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I am disappointed that we don't see any of those flying or rock pikmin in his moveset anywhere. If he is truly limited to 3 than i think his campy gameplay from before will definitely be downplayed.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I doubt that Olimar can only use 3.. But the 3 shown were Red, Blue and Yellow which was the original 3.. In Screens I also can See Purple from the Second one... So White is there too I guess... And maybe we only see these so that later we can see the newest Rockmin and Flymin in a gameplay video of Olimar? Because it's a bit strange that they give out a Pikmin 3 stage without the 2 new Pikmins...

And Sakurai should understand how bad Olimar would play if 3 was the limit, so I'm sure he got all 6 like in Brawl

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I am disappointed that we don't see any of those flying or rock pikmin in his moveset anywhere. If he is truly limited to 3 than i think his campy gameplay from before will definitely be downplayed.
Possibly saved for latter.

NOTE: Notice how theres no 3DS images. That might imply that they're having problems with Olimar there also. (Like the Ice Climbers) I guess that would explain why he only has three Pikmin.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I doubt that Olimar can only use 3.. But the 3 shown were Red, Blue and Yellow which was the original 3.. In Screens I also can See Purple from the Second one... So White is there too I guess... And maybe we only see these so that later we can see the newest Rockmin and Flymin in a gameplay video of Olimar? Because it's a bit strange that they give out a Pikmin 3 stage without the 2 new Pikmins...

And Sakurai should understand how bad Olimar would play if 3 was the limit, so I'm sure he got all 6 like in Brawl

Why would Olimar play bad if he only had 3? As far as moveset functions are concerned, the only move it affects is his up B, which could be replaced. In terms of balance, it also means Olimar needs to play more intelligently, and it allows for much easier control over your pikmin choices. I would say him playing with 3 would be an actual improvement in all cases so long as his up B works properly.

Also, even though it doesn't mean its confirmed, Sakurai went out of his way to show his main image with only 3 Pikmin, and subsequently only 3 Pikmin in every photo. I'm fairly confident that is what is happening to him.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I seem to be the only one who hates Olimar. Oh well, at least he won't be the vanilla Brawl Olimar. *hopes he is more like Brawl+ Olimar*

Primid

Smash Apprentice
I was really happy to see Olimar returning, not that I had any doubts. I was even more excited to see his new stage from Pikmin 3! It looks so beautiful! Much nicer looking than his stage in Brawl...

SKM_NeoN

Smash Journeyman
His having 3 pikmin is probably due to the 3DS' limitations, which would be pretty weak if you ask me. I don't mind the design decision in of itself, just don't like the idea of the 3DS forcing the Wii U version into taking alternative routes for accommodation's sake.

As for his up-b, perhaps it'll involve the new flying pikmin in the upcoming game. It would make sense anyway.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
The stage he is fighting on resembles the Distant Spring quite nicely actually.
In fact, it probably has to be judging by the large amounts of water and bathroom tile strewn about.

Yay, I hope Smokey Progg makes an appearance :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
YES! I was so worried he would be replaced with one of the new characters in Pikmin! So happy :3
Yeah, this'll put a stop to "relevancy" suggestions that he'll be replaced by Alph or something.

So anyway. YES! My second main returns! He looks so good, too!

And is that a FLAT Pikmin stage? I may've just died. YES!

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Just so you know, I'm not complaining about Olimar being in.
I just thought, hey, there's a lot of potential for a funny intro video with him......
If they didn't release 3DS screenshots alongside him, then they are probably not prepared to do anything other than reveal him.

Oric Windstar

Smash Rookie
I'm just glad the Pikmin stage this time around looks fun to play on. Never really liked Distant Planet.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nice to see Olimar is back. I used to use him a few times back in Brawl. But he wasn't a main of mine. I just noticed the Pikmin 3 ship in the stage's background.

Top Bottom