• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo, Raze or Raise?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Another Dojo is just amazing. It could be called Dojo again, or someone have a new name idea?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm all for a new Dojo page I just hope they don't you know reveal all the characters before the game come out keep some of them as a surprise.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Dojo needs to be handled better than the way it was for Brawl. The Brawl Dojo was great, but things need to be done differently. For starters, I'd like to see brief video trailers of characters as they're revealed. I really liked this for MvC3 as it was a good way to build up hype without it letting it be prone to exploding in the fan's faces. It also lets us see what the characters are like as screenshots can only say so much.

Video tutorials is a must this time around. Despite being praised as an easier fighter, Smash is surprisingly unintuitive when you think about it.
They did do something like that except they were brief Japanese trailers that shown several newcomers at a time. Though, it would be nice if they made them longer and at least post them on that said Dojo. And yes, the dojo is needed and was the best thing that ever happening in Smash Bros. history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC3Lw7KsBZA&feature=relmfu

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thing with those commercials is that they don't show you what they're capable of like the Marvel trailers. It was mediocre machinima at best. Honestly, the special movie in Melee was better at getting you interested in the characters.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Thing with those commercials is that they don't show you what they're capable of like the Marvel trailers. It was mediocre machinima at best. Honestly, the special movie in Melee was better at getting you interested in the characters.
With Smash, they never had to sell the characters. Just posting on the Dojo was enough to make people go bonkers (Pokemon Trainer especially). I can't say the same with Marvel. Marvel has to really sell their characters. That is why the game was at every event and had a video of every character plus battle footage. Sony Smash Brothers is doing the same thing. These game have to have a big sign that says "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!" Smash doesn't. Smash sells itself.

The most hype I ever saw out of Marvel was Phoenix Wright and even that couldn't compare to most character announcement on the Dojo.

I'm off. I leave you with Froogy G

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Name Recognition is a ***** when devs know they can sell their game by name alone and not on the merit of its content quality.
Thing is, name recognition comes from something. Smash built it's ability to sell on the merit of it's content quality. 64 convinced people to buy Melee, and Melee convinced people to buy Brawl. Brawl will convinced people to buy SSB4 (and yes, Brawl was of high quality despite what Smashboards thinks).

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Yes! I would love to see the Dojo again. I remember it was so exciting waking up and checking the Brawl Dojo every morning for new information.

Top Bottom