• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doing the double bair (and others)

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I realize that double aerials, such as the double bair, are very important for Mario, but I have a lot of trouble with this. I can't really push it fast enough. Mario does the second bair for a split second, but the attack doesn't...attack.

The only way I can really accomplish this is if I really concentrate and quickly hit the buttons. But breaking my concentration during a match like this is very hard. What's the best way to do aerials quickly?

(On the same note, I have trouble like this for other characters. Captain Falcon, for example, can do a short hop dair and finish before landing, but this I have trouble with as well.)

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
When I started doing double back airs I changed L the shoulder
button I don't used, to jump instead. It worked for me until I got the
sliding motion needed to execute them normally down.

viparagon

Smash Ace
just glide your finger and input it as soon as u jump. if you think those ar ehard try SHDLing or SH double fairing (with marth )in melee...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Learn to play Ganondorf. Then doing double B-airs will be easy as pie. I'm not kidding. Learning to play Ganondorf very effectively teaches you how to work with some important aspects of Brawl's physics engine such as autocanceling, and most importantly buffering commands effectively.

It's all about buffering the aerial command during the jump startup animation. You can do this by putting your thumb over the Y button and A button and pressing them in a wavelike motion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZUlALAArc

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Learn to play Ganondorf. Then doing double B-airs will be easy as pie. I'm not kidding. Learning to play Ganondorf very effectively teaches you how to work with some important aspects of Brawl's physics engine.

It's all about buffering the aerial command during the jump startup animation.
Yep, easiest way to do it for me is to tap X and A at the same time with my thumb using a GC controller.

Matt07

Smash Master
Oooh that's how you guys do it. I always use my c-stick for aerials. I'll have to go back to using the A and joystick, that'll be quite akward for me.

donferd_donster

Smash Cadet
Well i tried doing the **** thing and it **** works. in reference to judge judy about the tappin x and a at the same time most of the time it works but u have to time the x button first then a split second/nano second/blink of an eye second later press the a button. basicall, x then Bair realllllllly fast lol!

Top Bottom