• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

doing falco's SHL backwards twice in a row

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
First question is this..why is it that i can't seem to dash backwards immediately after lasering? i finally decided to start trying for two lasers in a row going backwards..but it seems like immediately after a laser i can't dash backwards..only forwards...it's weird because falco doesn't have landing lag after a laser..i seem to be able to do any move i want except dash backwards...so i'm guessing i just need to wait a half second before trying a second one..but even so that's really annoying..does anyone know why it happens?

also,

fox's and marth's chaingrabs on fastfallers...

i hear that in marth's chaingrab at one midrange percent you have to do a pivot cancel to grab...if anyone knows if fox has to do anything special like that i would like to know..just started picking up fox's chaingrab yesterday

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
First question is this..why is it that i can't seem to dash backwards immediately after lasering? i finally decided to start trying for two lasers in a row going backwards..but it seems like immediately after a laser i can't dash backwards..only forwards...it's weird because falco doesn't have landing lag after a laser..i seem to be able to do any move i want except dash backwards...so i'm guessing i just need to wait a half second before trying a second one..but even so that's really annoying..does anyone know why it happens?

Ok um..Do you mean retreating SHL? Running away while SHLing? I don't see why you cannot dash backwards..do you mean Wavedash or run/foxtrot/dash? Either way you probably just need to practice...its nothing to hard just while running away SH press the opposite direction and B(make sure not to illusion!) and fastfallt then keep going the direction you were going in...

also,

fox's and marth's chaingrabs on fastfallers...

i hear that in marth's chaingrab at one midrange percent you have to do a pivot cancel to grab...if anyone knows if fox has to do anything special like that i would like to know..just started picking up fox's chaingrab yesterday
You mean Fox chaingrabbing a falco? The falco can slieght DI so that he may make the fox have to pivot but usually the fox doesn't have to...

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya a retreating short hop laser..it's weird because i can do it once just fine one time ..but doing it right after a prior laser doesn't seem to work..i can even turn down the speed to 1/4 in training mode...

ok so I figured out what i was doing wrong..i assumed from dashdancing all this time that dashing merely required flicking the stick like a smash..but no it appears you have to actually hold the button long enough or you will just turn around and not actually start dashing

so now i have to somehow break the habit i currently have of not holding it long enough:p sigh more training

that said i still can't dash after a laser at one times speed..only at 1/4...

err new idea...probably i'm just trying to dash before i actually land..and so then i end up just getting the walk turn around motion

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
OH lol I have had that problem once..I tried to dashdance but instead just turned around over and over LOL. It was really funny.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
I'm still not sure if this is really the problem..all i know for sure is that i don't have the problem if i don't try to fastfall..but if i try to fastfall the laser in place..and then dash backwards..i miss about 80% of the time or more

finally, i think i figured it out..i'm going to have to either let go of down after the fastfall quicker so i don't enter crouching mode (best option)

or learn to swing the stick from crouch to the left/right without going back to neutral.

because if you go to neutral it begins the standup animation..thereby screwing up the timing

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I've only scanned through the thread quickly. Your problem may be you are holding down while landing, so you go into a crouch, which would make it harder to dash out of. If not, just practice RSHLing across FD until you can get it consistently, kind of like wavedashing.

Top Bottom