• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does your Dentist's office have a game console?

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Around 2004 i went to a dentist that had a few N64s with Mario games, some of them had broken controlers...

Last time i went to a dentist they didn't have video games but a big tv and they were giving a judge show... It was pretty funny, some people were fighting over an inheritance that consisted of a dog named Stiff and this woman was like "PLEASE UNDERSTAND MY CHILDREN LOVE TO PLAY WITH STIFF!! DON'T TAKE HIM AWAY!!!" and this other guy was like : "Stiff belongs to me i don't know what you are talking about..."
then she says: "YOU NEVER CARED FOR STIFF!! I WASTED SO MUCH MONEY ON HIM!"

In the end they brought in the dog inside a bag and the judge was like WTF? and it turned out to be a dissected dog with a paper that said however kept the dog after the owner's death would gain a large sum of money.

Then the judge stared at the woman and she said: "I wasted money getting maids to dust him off..."

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
I heard about this at school too and felt I am getting cheated by having no game console at my dentist.:mad: Why cant I have a cool dentist?

SSBM4Lyfe

Smash Rookie
My dentist says hes got a pool room and a 360 but i think its just to get me there...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
My dentist has no games, however, my orthodontist has some ok stuff:

N64 with super mario 64
pac-man arcade (he opens it up and repeatedly taps the button inserted quarters normally press, so you don't have to worry about paying to play)
Sega Genesis with an 8 way switcher. Best game is sonic, also has X-men, Batman, Basketball, Power Rangers, and a couple others I can't remember at this time.

He used to have a PS1 with a REALLY CRAPPY racing game in it, but he took it out when he realized no one played it... ever. (I don't hate PS1, but this one game sucked)

Eriatarka

Smash Journeyman
It would actually be amazing if dentists/doctors waiting rooms/other such places had games consoles set up.. they need to learn not everyone likes reading 3-year old copies of Cosmopolitan while they're waiting for a filling.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
My girlfriend is a Dental Assistant, and they have a bunch of cool things in their office. Stuff like IPods and cable TV. They're thinking of adding a Wii.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Mine used to have a generic beat 'em up arcade (arcade!) game with a generic puzzle arcade (arcade!) game next to it. You basically had to speed run the game if you wanted to finish in time before you were helped to the office. After years of trying to finish the beat 'em up game, I was midway through the last level in that cruel game, when I was called. The next time I went there (few months later), both consoles were gone :(

Anyone else notice the resemblance between the "these exist?" remarks with the video game school club thread? Can't say it's surprising though, I hadn't known that some schools had video game clubs/lounges before reading the thread on it earlier (though mine recently had a guitar hero contest, but that only happens once a year).

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
My dad is my dentist, he is self employed, and he has always had an N64 with Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros 64, Paper Mario and Yoshi Story.

Recently, the oral surgeon bought my dad's office a Wii and my dad bought the games Link's Crossbow Training, Wii Sports, Wii Play, some princess game for the girls and PGA Golf for his patience to play while they wait. Surprisingly, nothing has been stolen yet.

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
I think the closest thing my dentist has to a video game is a Yoshi toy from a fast food place. My orthodontist had a PS2, but I don't think anyone ever played it. When I was a little kid, though, the place where I got my haircut had N64s at every station. This is where I started playing SSB64. It was the only game I would play there.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Mine originally had a ms pac man arcade machine.

Then he moved to a bigger office.

And now there is a 360, Gamecube, and Ps2 and a massive HDTV.

Harro

Smash Rookie
My Dentist has 2 gamecubes and a N64. Mario kart Double Dash is always in one Gamecube and the other consoles have horrible games....

Top Bottom