• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does turning off control stick to jump remove FF from C stick Dair?

bbalcrazy92

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I'm too crazy to notice it or what. I know that using the C stick for tilt instead of smash attacks will get rid of FF from Dair using the C stick. I've removed the control stick jump and kept C stick as smash and it doesn't seem to be FF my Dair... am I going crazy?

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
I don't know if I'm too crazy to notice it or what. I know that using the C stick for tilt instead of smash attacks will get rid of FF from Dair using the C stick. I've removed the control stick jump and kept C stick as smash and it doesn't seem to be FF my Dair... am I going crazy?
You have to fast fall manually. Pretty sure that even in Brawl, if you turn tap jump off and then use the c-stick for dair it doesn't fast fall. Well, as long as you don't hold down on the control stick.

bbalcrazy92

Smash Rookie
Ah okay so now that I know that Dair with C stick never causes FF in PM, just out of curiosity do you guys use C stick for tilt or smash?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
The vast majority of players use it for smash. Because that's what it's set to in melee. There's lots of melee worship round these parts.

bbalcrazy92

Smash Rookie
I see, I got a bit confused. I've heard from somewhere that changing the C stick to tilt would eliminate FF from Dair, I didn't know it was already removed though.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I think the c stick made you fast fall in brawl but, not like fast falling in brawl makes a difference anyway.

Top Bottom