• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the Marth Killer Work on Doc's Up-B?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
I have a friend who mains Doc, so I'm exposed to that matchup a lot. We were playing a friendly one day (I was playing as Marth, who is not my main, and he was playing as Doc), and he used the Marth killer (shield DI-ing Marth's Up-B when he recovers that it pushes you onto the ledge before they get to it), and it came to me that the same strategy might work on Doctor Mario.

So, can you use the Marth killer on the Mario Bros. characters?

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Nope. They are multihit attacks so once one hitbox touches your shield and u slide off, you will just get him by the next one.

If you manage to only shield the last hitbox, they will definitely catch the edge before you do.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
it works on pills tho, so players might still use it against you as a way to timely grab the edge as you're coming down with docs amazin pill recovery

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
it works on pills tho, so players might still use it against you as a way to timely grab the edge as you're coming down with docs amazin pill recovery
Huh....that actually seems pretty useful. Before, I would usually just needle turnaround and then fast fall to the edge, but Shield DI-ing the pills seems less of a commitment, so it might work better.

Just out of question, do you know if you can Marth killer Mario's fireballs, too?

Top Bottom