• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does the Lucario leak deconfirm the Prima roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
First, I'm sure you all know what Prima roster I'm talking about:

Veterans:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Shiek
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Ness
Marth
Ganondorf
Young Link (Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Themed)
Falco
Mewtwo
Mr. Game and Watch

Newcomers:

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede
Olimar
Krystal
K. Rool
Geno
Animal Crossing Villager
Ridley
Isaac
Megaman

I believe this roster was leaked back in November or December. Nobody took it seriously, until Captain Olimar was announced on the Dojo a couple weeks ago. That got people thinking....the roster shows the chracters in the order they are announced on the Dojo, and had Captain Olimar placed after King Dedede. Was it a mere chance that he just so happened to be the next character that was announced after Dedede? Then Sheik was announced...the next character in line after Ice Climbers on the "Returning Veterans" list. The Prima roster was now 2 for 2, and looking more and more real. However, now that Lucario has been confirmed (a character not on the Prima list), and Mewtwo has pretty much been deconfirmed (a character that is on the list)...does this officially mean that this list is fake, and it just got lucky in guessing the characters announced on the Dojo two times in a row? Or, do you still have hope that this list is real, and that Prima accidently put Mewtwo on it when Lucario was supposed to go on instead...or that maybe even Nintendo changed Mewtwo to Lucario after this list was leaked?

I do know that even though Lucario's leak may seem to disprove the list...Ness and Jigglypuff's leak further confirm the list. Those were two characters that a lot of people were hoping would come back, but were not expecting them to. They were on the Prima roster, and now they have been confirmed. The only problem is Lucario. Any comments on this?

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
This is the most believiable roster so far.

one wrong, makes the whole thing wrong. Unless he forgot to add Lucario to the list :psycho:

But If I had to choose another option besides waiting 10 days for the full offical roster, then this one would be the one I would believe.

That and I love that Isaac guy :grin:

knightofsouls

Smash Cadet
It doesn't neccesarily de-confirm Mewtwo, he could be an unlockable character, and the stickers would only show characters that were allready unlocked, so if the game they used to make the comercial did not show mewtwo. It could be that the one in the comercial doesn't have him unlocked.

seriously, I want a fixed up Mewtwo back, he didn't really get the chance he deserved :(

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Who deconfirmed Mewtwo again?

Because in that video were Lucario was leaked...you can see all the Pokemon characters' heads togethor - Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and Jigglypuff. If Mewtwo was in the game, it would have shown him there too, because that was supposed to be all the Pokemon related characters.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, this roster would be MUCH better than the real one will be, I'm sure... but this is still fake.

Luigi player

Smash Master
You just have to hit the Edit button twice when the boards are slow, iluv. And I'm glad you got a chance to read knightofsouls's post, I wish 95% of the people on this forum would do the same.
But Serebii said Mewtwo's out, and everything is hinting at it...

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Prima guide was proven false the same day it was put up.

Creator admission does that.

XACE-K

Smash Master
It doesn't neccesarily de-confirm Mewtwo, he could be an unlockable character, and the stickers would only show characters that were allready unlocked, so if the game they used to make the comercial did not show mewtwo. It could be that the one in the comercial doesn't have him unlocked.

seriously, I want a fixed up Mewtwo back, he didn't really get the chance he deserved :(
You speak true words.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I know Lucario isn't in this roster...that's why I was asking if anyone thought that Mewtwo was put on this roster by mistake instead of Lucario, or that Nintendo changed Mewtwo to Lucario later?

I guess it doesn't matter now, cause most people are telling me that this roster was confirmed to be fake, and this new "35 character roster" is the real one. Why is it, out of all the cool rosters out there...the real one ends up being the one that sucks? :urg:

pud22

Smash Apprentice
...Lucario is in...it was on the nintendo's website. they pulled the vid after a day or so (I think they leakd it on purpose). go to brawlcentral.com to see the original vid.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
No, you don't know if Lucario is in. Just like you don't know if this Prima roster is correct. Both leaks sound pretty believe but they contridict each other. But they are both leaks in the end. Nothing really proves either to be true by far. We'll see who's correct when the game comes out end of January.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
...Lucario is in...it was on the nintendo's website. they pulled the vid after a day or so (I think they leakd it on purpose). go to brawlcentral.com to see the original vid.
No, no...I wasn't saying that Lucario isn't in Brawl, I was saying that he isn't in the "Prima leak roster". Which, is the roster I have put the most faith in up until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom