• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Swampert have a single chance? (Swampert Thread)

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman

Official Swampert Thread​

Now this may seem crazy, but yes. I believe swampert has a chance in brawl (same chance that banjo-kazooie has, though..) and I want to show you why he can be in brawl. *cough*Swampertovertingleanytime*cough*

Anywho, here is his moveset.

~~~~~~~~~~

Speed: **
Weight: ****

HeavyWeight Class

A: Slap
AA: Doubleslap
AAA: Headbutt

Left/Right A: Punch
Up A: Growl
Down A: Stomp

Dash Attack: Take Down

Smash Left/Right: Giga Impact
Smash Up: Hammer Arm
Smash Down: Mud Bomb

B: Ice Punch - Works same as DK's Punch (without the puff on DK's head. Instead swampet's arm will be frozen). There is a 10% chance that when it hit's at fully charged power, it will freeze the opponent (like with a freezie).

B>: Whirlpool - Creates a mini water-ish tornado, which makes the opponent stay in it for a while. Every second the foe gains 3-5 damage. This can be charged to be a big whirlpool, which can hold 2 people in.

B^: Muddy Water - Swampert summons dirty water and it pulls him perfectly up (can be diagonal if pointed in the direction).

BV: Dig - Swampert goes underground and stays there until command. You press B to pop back up. If you do nothing for 4 seconds, Swampert will just come up without hitting someone.

Nair: Swampert Stretch - Stretches Arms and Legs Diagonally.
Fair: Mud Slap
Bair: Iron Tail
Dair: Take Down
Uair: Iron Tail

Grab neutral: Water Gun - Splashes foe
Grab forward: Mud-Slaps foe
Grab backward: Strength
Grab upwards: Throws foe up and uses Ice Ball
Grab downwards: Mud Bomb - Does it like Fox's Grab downwards from melee

Final Smash: Hydro Cannon

Swampert inhales deeply and unleashes a strong, big powerful barrage of water at opponents. It is one giant line of water, with lots of other water (big as blastoises attack in melee) going around it in a circle. This FS lasts 7-8 Seconds (Is that too long or short?).

~~~~~~~~~~

Well that his his moveset.

Here is some Misc. Stuff and info.

Entrance: Comes down with some water

Taunt 1: Spins around on stomach and says swampert
Taunt 2: Goes on all four and growls. This taunt can damage people with a whopping 1-2%.
Taunt 3: Does a handstand

Finishing Note

Swampert should (but I know he won't) be in brawl, he would be a great addition. If the 4th Gen never existed, I would choose Swampert over Blaziken. So I will say it again, he should, be won't be in brawl. If you support that Swampert should be in brawl, PM me for a members list.​

Why hate for swampert? I know his chances are slim, but still, whether or not you think so, he SHOULD be in brawl.
I never said I hated it (though its family is my least favorite of the Hoenn starters), but it does not deserve to be in Brawl. Swampert isn't an iconic or popular Pokémon, unlike the original starter trio or any of the other Pokémon that have been playable in the past or actually have a chance in Brawl.

Not to mention it walks on four legs and doesn't have other appendages to handle objects.

Mr. Game and Pichu

Smash Journeyman
I never said I hated it (though its family is my least favorite of the Hoenn starters), but it does not deserve to be in Brawl. Swampert isn't an iconic or popular Pokémon, unlike the original starter trio or any of the other Pokémon that have been playable in the past or actually have a chance in Brawl.

Not to mention it walks on four legs and doesn't have other appendages to handle objects.
Yes but it can walk on it's hind legs.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
He has no chance of being in Brawl,

BUT he is a very amazing Pokemon, I would rather have him than any other Pokemon.

I would rather have Swampert than Geno, Ridley, etc.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
He should be the Pokemon trainers lead. You know he could set up stealth rock and hurt some things.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Like Cinder said, Lucario is way more likely. But if Swampert was added, hell, I'd love to play him. You've done a good job on his moveset and specs too. Well done Mr Game and Pichu.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
I would prefer Blazakin but good move set...
I agree, but with Gallade instead of Blaziken.
Anyway, yeah Mr Game and Pichu has really planned this out. Once again, kudos to you Mr Game and Pichu! Never lose that hope!

finalark

SNORLAX
I agree, but with Gallade instead of Blaziken.
Anyway, yeah Mr Game and Pichu has really planned this out. Once again, kudos to you Mr Game and Pichu! Never lose that hope!
Gallade? Sorry, I'm not up to date with Pokemon. The newest Pokemon game I have played is Pokemon Colosseum.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Gallade? Sorry, I'm not up to date with Pokemon. The newest Pokemon game I have played is Pokemon Colosseum.
Gallade

It's a 4th gen evoultion of Kirlia (Male Only). It's a physical attack oriented version of Gardevoir, plus he's basically the masculine version. It puts an end to all that Guy-devoir crap.:laugh:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as Torchic is in a Poke Ball, it's quite likely that Swampert would be in that spot too. However, odds are, they'll use Mudkip instead of its final form.

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice
Wow, your moveset & mine are very indenticle. Maybe as a PokeBall he could randomly launch mud bombs or hammer arm? Who knows. We'll more than likely see Lucario>Swampert PC-wise. Not that I dont like Swampert, cause' hes my favorite mon', its just Lucario is more "General" than most other 4th gen Pokes. Unless they give us Dialga/Palkia playable. Which would be cool but....not gonna happen. If any new Pokes are PCs to replace Pichu, it'll be a 4th gen for advertising.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I hate lucario being in brawl, but I'd have to say i'd rather have him be a PC over Swampert hands down.

bryloom

Smash Rookie
Sakurai pretty much screwed his chances at having a 3rd gen rep as Deoxys was confirmed as a pokeball. All that can be done is to have Plusle + Minun a la Ice Climbers (lol). Pokemon trainer should've been Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert. No other gen has a perfect combo of fully evolved starters as the 3rd gen does. With Sceptile much like Shiek, fast with some decent attacks. Blaziken like a more powerful Peach, relying on recovery. And Swampert much like Ganondorf, slow but very strong. Maybe next game, with a more mature looking Pokemon trainer.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I dunno...Swampert?! No. Why? Well I like Swampert and all but I personally detest alot of the 3rd generation of pokemon. He's gonna have to take a backseat. He might get in as a pokeball though.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai pretty much screwed his chances at having a 3rd gen rep as Deoxys was confirmed as a pokeball. All that can be done is to have Plusle + Minun a la Ice Climbers (lol). Pokemon trainer should've been Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert. No other gen has a perfect combo of fully evolved starters as the 3rd gen does. With Sceptile much like Shiek, fast with some decent attacks. Blaziken like a more powerful Peach, relying on recovery. And Swampert much like Ganondorf, slow but very strong. Maybe next game, with a more mature looking Pokemon trainer.
This would actually be pretty **** awesome.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
We'd might as well start a thread for all 493 pokemon to join brawl..
(well, minus the pokeball pokemons, PT pokemon, jiggly, mewtwo and pikachu)
(*cough*hintsattheoveramountofpokemonrepsinbrawl*cough*)

:034:

Smash Hero
Come back when you're a little bit mMMM mMMM mMMM mMMM mMMM ...

Kidding aside, Swampert... Has no chance. ): Feraligatr has more chance, due to popularity, but Feraligatr has about as much chance as the L-Block from Tetris.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
it could happen if they created another poke trainner with 3rd-gen starter pokemon, but then again what are the odds

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
no chance at all. They can't just put in every random pokemon. Pokemon that get in have to signifigant like PT has the first starters, jigglypuff was extremely popular at the release of 64 and now it would be a mistake to take her out, pikachu um hes pikachu and mewtwo was the last pokemon in the ppokedex and a legendary and he had two movies about him.

Top Bottom