• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does mid tier mean bad?

Veng

Smash Ace
My character, is lucas, Im good with him, I like his fairs and nairs, I like his good up smash, u tilt. WaveBouncing. Period.

But theres no way hell be high tier because hes not the best character...

But does that mean im gettin jipped and I have like no chance at tourneys?

Discuss.

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
If this were melee, yes.

But this is brawl, so no worries.

Trust me, brawl has been balanced out enough so characters won't be superior to eachother by too great a factor.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It basically all comes down to your skill with the character, and how well your character does against other matchups.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
Skill > Tiers

Lucas is not a bad character by any means. If this were DK or Yoshi, it might be a little different.

If you like him, play him, get good with him, and don't worry about where he sits on the tier list. If you find that one character consistently beats your Lucas, pick up a secondary character to counter that one.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Gimpyfish. I respect him. Because he defies the tier list. TIRES DON EXITS!

Actually, I believe they exits, I just don't care about them.

Raustblackdragon

Smash Apprentice
Oh, Tiers exist alright, they're just for QUEERS!

and I don't mean gay people. I mean STRANGE people.

80W53R

Smash Apprentice
I main Bowser and I own high tiers, NPCs or friends. when i first heard of the tier list i just ignored it.

If you want to be very good with a character you need to practice with him/her, perfect her weaknesses and find your opponents downs. You need to believe in and like the character and play them as if you were representing them.

goodkid

Smash Lord
No middle is average, but they can perform well in the right hands, but any character can do well in good hands.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
How good or bad a character is neccesarily, simply how they do in tournaments. And to all the Gimpy fanboys, there was hardly anyone else who was that good with a Low tier character, so it's not a very good point to bring out if you're defending "tires dont exitz."

Finch

Smash Lord
Both Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers were mid tier in melee, and Chu, Azen and Isai consistently won tournaments with those characters. You're only screwed if you play mid tier in games like MvC2.

Eggm

Smash Hero
If this were melee, yes.

But this is brawl, so no worries.

Trust me, brawl has been balanced out enough so characters won't be superior to eachother by too great a factor.
No not in melee either. Hugs got 2nd at EVO world, with a mid tier which had the most participants of any smash tournament ever IIRC. Mango WON pound 3 which was arguably the most competitive tournament to date with jigglypuff another mid tier. Bum has won countless NY weeklies and tournaments with DK, and has defeated big names like chu dat and got 4th at MLG long island. Captain falcon always does really well. Chu has won big tournaments with ice climbers too another mid tier. Your ********. So is anyone who says melee is just 4 characters. gtfo. The majority of the best players play those 4, thats why they are "high tier" IF the really really talented playesr started migrating to other characters then the tiers would change. Its moreso the player than the character.

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
Sucks to Tiers! I play Ice climbers and I believe they are low tier but I pwn in the High tiers.

Lawlz at the noobs who choose their characters by how well they do on the Tiers.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
who said lucas isnt high tier? and top tiers are the best in the game, not the high tiers. the game just came out, dont compain if your character isnt good enough, play who u want to

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Gimpyfish. I respect him. Because he defies the tier list. TIRES DON EXITS!

Actually, I believe they exits, I just don't care about them.
Yeah, Gimpy really defies tiers right now just after he didtched Bowser for MK. Good for him, Bowser stinks in Brawl.

Top Bottom