• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Luigi's presence make Waluigi more likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
"So the number one question on everyone’s mind is this: what does this mean for Waluigi? Does this make it more likely we’ll see Luigi’s rival in the character roster as well?"

Source: Luigi is back for Super Smash Bros. 4!

Obviously that claim is made in jest, but a more serious point of discussion for me is this: with it being the "Year of Luigi," do you all thinking that it will be more likely that we'll see Waluigi this time around? If it's really his year, it seems like bringing in Luigi's rival would be a good move. Thoughts?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Nope.avi it's just for the Year of Luigi. Waluigi wouldn't make it past other, more important Nintendo characters for hype anyways

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
..it also wasn't "The Year of Luigi".

Unless 2014 is "The Year of Waluigi", you can't infer anything from current information.
Waluigi has never been in a main-series Mario game, which places him squarely in the Mario B-list. His inclusion into Smash 4 is about as likely as Tingle.

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't matter how popular the game is/was. If Sakurai thinks Waluigi can bring enough to the table (I think he can) then he's probably going to be in it. And considering how they added Wario in brawl and Waluigi was an assist trophy, Waluigi is definitely being looked at by the team.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Your all forgetting a few things.

1. "Year of Luigi". What word does Waluigi have in his name? LUIGI. WaLUIGI.

2. Despite that, Waluigi has competition times a million. Daisy, Geno, Toad, and Bowser. Jr are big competetors.

3. Waluigi shouldn't be a rep for the Mario Series, make him rep 1 for the Mario Sports. They are the only games he appears in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Your all forgetting a few things.

1. "Year of Luigi". What world does Waluigi have in his name? LUIGI. WaLUIGI.

2. Despite that, Waluigi has competition times a million. Daisy, Geno, Toad, and Bowser. Jr are big competetors.

3. Waluigi shouldn't be a rep for the Mario Series, make him rep 1 for the Mario Sports. They are the only games he appears him.
1. Lol

2. Daisy and Geno aren't really competition for him.

3. Sakurai sees him as a Mario rep if you look at his assist trophy profile on the brawl dojo. He has the Mario emblem. Even though it would make sense for him to not be a FULL Mario rep he would probably get counted as one.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm not seeing the connection here.
Yeah sure Waluigi is Luigi's counterpart, but that's about it.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Did year of Luigi get Waluigi into New Luigi Bros. U? Or Luigi's Mansion 2?

Actually there's no reason he and Wario weren't in that New Super Mario Bros. 2 game with all the coins and greed. That's their thing. Hell; he was practically DESIGNED for that game.

He may still get in, but I don't think Luigi's existence in this game means anything for him...other than he definitely wouldn't appear in it if Luigi wasn't.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Doubt it does anything much regarding Waluigi

HOWEVER, the fact Luigi was announced early I think might have possibly opened up the possibility that we'll be having a new secret Mario newcomer (In 64, Melee, and Brawl. Luigi was a secret character, in Brawl and 64 specifically he was the ONLY secret character for the Mario series). If Luigi is a starter, I believe this may make room for a Mario newcomer to take his place as the Secret character for the Mario series.

Meaning hope is not lost for Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and yes even Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

Doubt it does anything much regarding Waluigi

HOWEVER, the fact Luigi was announced early I think might have possibly opened up the possibility that we'll be having a new secret Mario newcomer (In 64, Melee, and Brawl. Luigi was a secret character, in Brawl and 64 specifically he was the ONLY secret character for the Mario series). If Luigi is a starter, I believe this may make room for a Mario newcomer to take his place as the Secret character for the Mario series.

Meaning hope is not lost for Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and yes even Waluigi.
I was thinking the exact same thing. If Luigi does happen to be a starting character this time around, then I think that this means that we will get a Mario newcomer. So, not all hope is lost for the Mario characters!

grizby2

Smash Lord
from the souce:

"Traditionally, Luigi has been an unlockable character – usually the first character people unlock since his appearance is not ever a big surprise – but this announcement seems somewhat counter-intuitive. Is Luigi going to be a character on the basic roster this time around? It sure seems that way."

oooookayyyy.... I don't trust this site.

"it sure seems that way" ? what are they doing? flipping coins? :glare:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Although Smash 4 might be coming out in 2014 which just might be the year of WALUIGI. So you never really know if that lanky creep will appear or not.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
No, Waluigi will most likely not be in the game, just because of Luigi. By that logic... Capt. Syrup should be in the game because of Wario (if he makes it, which I think he will).

SonicMario

Smash Master
But sh@#, imagine how surprised we'd all be if he was included in the roster.
I personally wouldn't mind if Waluigi was playable. As long as it's established he's there to represent the Mario spin-offs. His moveset being based on Mario Party, Mario Kart, and the many Sports games Mario has had over the years. Like it or not, the spin-offs have become a part of Mario's history since the N64 days. And the one character that's been basically exclusive to those games is Waluigi. Daisy counts too even if she technially actually appeared in a Mario game as the Damsel-in-Distress in Super Mario Land. But Daisy would likely be somewhat of a clone of Peach. While Waluigi with his unique build of being real tall and really really skinny. Having a pretty long reach with his punches and kicks. Has unique abilities that could make him stand out in the roster. (Also, his personality would be a fun one to use for taunts and even victory screen celebrations)

However at the same time I wouldn't bat an eye too much if he wasn't in as I understand exactly why he'd miss out. Competition with characters like Toad or Bowser Jr. who have had more appearances in the Main series. Not having a real game to himself other then just being there in those games. That it's probably more likely he'll be an assist trophy again , etc.

Still I would love to be bored with an SSB game one day and exclaim WALUIGI TIME! when selecting a character xD

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"So the number one question on everyone’s mind is this: what does this mean for Waluigi? Does this make it more likely we’ll see Luigi’s rival in the character roster as well?"

Source: Luigi is back for Super Smash Bros. 4!

Obviously that claim is made in jest, but a more serious point of discussion for me is this: with it being the "Year of Luigi," do you all thinking that it will be more likely that we'll see Waluigi this time around? If it's really his year, it seems like bringing in Luigi's rival would be a good move. Thoughts?
As much as I'd love to see Waluigi... I'm not thinking that Luigi would help his chances.

Groose

Smash Champion
Luigi's presence does not automatically make Walugi more likely in my mind.

The fact that we have three Mario characters revealed just two months into things makes a fifth Mario character more likely, though. And if the three main candidates for that spot are Waluigi, Toad, and Bowser Jr.... then it actually does make Waluigi a sliver more likely.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lungi being revealed has no effect on Waluigi's chances.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Don't even mention Waluigi outside of his thread, people just don't like him for some reason.
And to answer your question, no. Unfortunately.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
When it comes to Waluigi being in Super Smash Bros, this is good enough for me.
Waluigi Color Sheme.png

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Don't get the Waluigi hate when some modder [Who may have been from here] on You Tube showed why he would be an amazing character, even if just to rep the Mario sports series.

I don't get why Nintendo actually doesn't capitalize on the Wario Bros idea in general. For ****'s sake, instead of using two randomly colored Toads, just throw in Wario and Waluigi. Never understood the purpose of introducing him and mentioning him so many times with Wario if they're never going to capitalize on it.

That being said, I'd love to see him appear in the game. Truly would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom