• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Lucario Have A Meteor Smash

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a video, but I think there's one in the archive, one where Lucario goes thru classic mode. He fights a team of Pits and his down air meteors them, but only if it hits almost directly from the top. If you hit on the side, they go sideways.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I don't have a video, but I think there's one in the archive, one where Lucario goes thru classic mode. He fights a team of Pits and his down air meteors them, but only if it hits almost directly from the top. If you hit on the side, they go sideways.
yeah this is it.

Iwan

Smash Ace
His Dair can be used as a meteor smash...but you have to hit it pretty dead on. Otherwise it sends them sideways instead of down.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
I think that his final smash can be used as a Meteor smash, it happened when I was playing against a CPU Lvl 9 Fox.

Not the beam part, but when he jumps into the air, that can deal damage and meteor smash enemies that are over the edge for an easy K.O. (He has to be near the opponent when he executes the move.)
Or it could be a spike, I'm not entirely sure of this.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I have yet to nail the Dair as a meteor, and I've hit directly on the top of character's heads
DI is taken into effect I suppose. Also, you don't land it directly ON their heads, you need to do it right above them.
The hit box on his Aura is very strange, and needs more study...
Or a debug mode ;o
-DD

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Ah...so to spike, you actually need to be farther above them...if the feet touch the opponent, they won't be spiked?

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Ok...I just experimented in training mode for about 10 minutes having CPU Mario continually jump.

I hit him with just the aura, with every kick, with only some kicks, close to his head, far away from his head.

Everything I could conceive of...not one Meteor.

We need a video of how exactly to perform this move (not vids of matches with the meteor in it, but an actual vid on how to do it).

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Played a lot of Lucario, could not get a single meteor/spike Dair off.

Either it doesn't happen (something else happened in that vs pits video) or the hitbox is about 1 pixel.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I'm convinced it doesn't meteor/spike...must have been an odd trajectory in the video people claim to have seen it in.

seamus

Smash Rookie
Was this video@0:54 the one you were referring to? if so it just looks like a meteor, pit was hit sideways into the stage platform, which broke afterwards, then sent down at an angle. I've yet to see in any video Lucarios Dair meteor, its still a great move though.

Top Bottom