• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Ike have a Sweetspot on his sword?

Hiro63

Smash Rookie
not really, pretty much everywhere gives a lethal blow. He can side smash KO his opponent when they are on 28%
OMG!!!!!!!!!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, he does, but it isn't very noticeable. I think it doesn't even apply to all of his attacks. However I think the rule in thumb is he is a tad more powerful at the center of the sword, except if he's using the U-smash which I think sweetspots at the tip.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yes he does http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171254

dtilt is his 2nd strongest move if you sweet spot it. also ive noticed with some attacks like the 3rd hit of the AAA if you hit with the tip it sends them more vertically than horizontally useful in some worlds like the great fox cause you can die like 2 feet from the ledge. i actually think his attacks have different sweet spots.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
well it depends what type of sweet spot you are talking about. Most sweetspots deal more damage, but I think a lot of Ike's sweetspots just change the trajectory of a person (w/ the exception of f-smash which does less damage at tip).

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Really? Cause I'm messing with him in training mode and I have 2 kirby's lined up. I'm hitting BOTH with the Fsmash and the one at the tip is getting sent farther and receiving 2 more damage.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
?
something is definetely wrong, b/c the tip is not supposed to send him farther.
Yeah I just tested this right now. I figured it out. You're not hitting w/ the tip. The second kirby should receive 16% from an uncharged f-smash contrary to 22% from the center. and the additional 2 % is coming from the center kirby hitting the outer one.

Top Bottom