• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does everyone think Wolf is like the worst character in the game or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Ok I was browsing around the Smashboards community, and I saw the match-ups for Wolf, and almost literally every character he apparently had a bad match-up against, why the hate against Wolf? Sure he's Fox's rival, and somewhat evil, but I think he's a good character. Your thoughts on the matter?

Gah777

Smash Lord
Ok I was browsing around the Smashboards community, and I saw the match-ups for Wolf, and almost literally every character he apparently had a bad match-up against, why the hate against Wolf? Sure he's Fox's rival, and somewhat evil, but I think he's a good character. Your thoughts on the matter?
Noone hates Wolf :p

He's not evil, just misunderstood

He's Awesome!

But yeah, he does have some pretty bad matchups, but that's mainly because not too many Wolf's are progressive in the metagame, and Wolf gets ***** by Brawl as a whole. Everyone has some sort of chaingrab, tilt lock, or combo on Wolf. Don't get me wrong, Wolf IS a good character, he just needs to be played flawlessly

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Well, I agree he's not entirely evil, but many of his intents based on the game are evil, and I also agree that flawlessness, would be almost required, and I feel I sometimes have that, but I usually encounter some player with some strategy to counter my own.

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
See, if it wasn't for these Wifi Wolfs who spam and ruin our whole metagame people wouldn't be thinking that wolfs matchups are so darn bad.
Give it a while for the Wolf Community to enter more tournaments, you will see the matchups changing.

tekkie

Smash Master
wolf sucks. he's moved down the tier list or stayed in place since forever. there are a few good wolf players and none that are national competitors. he's also extremely underrepresented in tournaments. he sucks in general against top tier characters and is just about decent against everyone else. there are only a few things that are broken about him and those few things only hurt him, like BSL.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I'll mark him down as decent but nothing great tho, he can hold his own but he will get gayed somewhere down the line. The game itself holds him back but he has the potential to place well in tournaments.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
wolf dosnt suck. alot of wolf users do. hes a rival, not evil . nuff said
This. Really lol, if you're looking for a character that sucks there are plenty of better candidates than Wolf. And if we're following the rival theory, MK is a rival character so... :bee:

Also, what kind of hideous matchup chart where you looking at where Wolf is at a significant disadvantage vs. more than a handful of characters lol.

/thread

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom