• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does C.F. NEED to SHFFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

falconewb

Smash Rookie
Ive been using C.F. for awhile, and ive never learned to SHFFL. Instead i just use things like dtilt to launch my opponent and then use my aerials, and it seems to work for me.
so my question is, do i NEED to shffl? its really hard for me to do....
thanks in advance for your response, i need to know.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
non-competitive- not really no
competitive- lets just change the question to "Does a Banana split need a Banana?" the answer is yes Capt. Falcon does need to SHFFL

falconewb

Smash Rookie
O.K. thats a pretty open and shut response. I think i cant shffl because i don't really understand the timing. I know you hold down at the peak of your jump, but thats it...
Can anyone give me a step by step of exactly how to do it?

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
CF's combo ability goes down the drain if you dont SHFFL...

If youre a more casual player then do whatever you can but if you intend on getting better and going to tourneys and such then yes, you need it really badly.

To answer your question about how to do it:

SHFFL stands for Short Hop Fast Fall L-cancel just to make sure we are on the same page.

You short hop, then do your desired aerial attack, then fast fall the attack at the peak of your jump by pressing down on the control stick, then follow up with an l-cancel at the end by pressing L R or Z right as the character hits the ground to get rid of all lag from the attack.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Yes
captain falcon is one of the most shuffling characters in the game
Learn to shuffle well if you want to be good

falconewb

Smash Rookie
CF's combo ability goes down the drain if you dont SHFFL...

If youre a more casual player then do whatever you can but if you intend on getting better and going to tourneys and such then yes, you need it really badly.

To answer your question about how to do it:

SHFFL stands for Short Hop Fast Fall L-cancel just to make sure we are on the same page.

You short hop, then do your desired aerial attack, then fast fall the attack at the peak of your jump by pressing down on the control stick, then follow up with an l-cancel at the end by pressing L R or Z right as the character hits the ground to get rid of all lag from the attack.

Thanks. I knew what it stood for but your breakdown helped alot. i just needed to know when exactly i did the attack beetween the short hop, fast fall, and l-cancel

Giggidax

Smash Ace
captain falcon wouldnt be as good as he is without shffling, at least thats wat i think.
his shffl game is sooo good, like nair > uair > knee combos, all shffl'd. dont get me wrong, im sure someone out there can own with CF without shffling

shffl'ing takes practice so dont be discouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom