• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Brawl Have ANY True Combos??

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
That's right, no Links and I mean no Links bother experimenting like I do. Bet you'll faint if I wrote that I can do this every single time I wanted to as well. You see that user named Omar, well, I brawl him all the time and I always connect that simple string and more. Ask him I'm too busy to brawl right now. Also I fight CP level nines all the time with Link and have do that same string many times so it's not "impossible" just lazy to experiment like I did. Thanks.
Alright then, what do you think about Link as a character in Brawl?

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Alright then, what do you think about Link as a character in Brawl?
I see not think of Link as a very underrated character that has a lot of potential. If this causes debates (still don't care), as these comments "Here I thought Link was just plain bad in Brawl from just looking at the tier list alone, you certainly don't make him look F tier material lol"

"I guess ur better than the link boards then"

"Never seen a link like this in my whole f life"

"Your link is op CoH"

So forth, I save every complement I get not because I want them, but to show evidence that I indeed put the work all Link players have been seeking. I can play now and show you what I mean man. Here's my Brawl code: 5074-0626-2224

Let me know if you'd like to brawl, and don't worry I have plenty of time since the Brawl arena threads are empty and I plan not to return there anytime soon. Thanks.

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
I see not think of Link as a very underrated character that has a lot of potential. If this causes debates (still don't care), as these comments "Here I thought Link was just plain bad in Brawl from just looking at the tier list alone, you certainly don't make him look F tier material lol"

"I guess ur better than the link boards then"

"Never seen a link like this in my whole f life"

"Your link is op CoH"

So forth, I save every complement I get not because I want them, but to show evidence that I indeed put the work all Link players have been seeking. I can play now and show you what I mean man. Here's my Brawl code: 5074-0626-2224

Let me know if you'd like to brawl, and don't worry I have plenty of time since the Brawl arena threads are empty and I plan not to return there anytime soon. Thanks.
Unfortunately I live in the UK and the Wiimmfi mod doesn't work outside of the US :(

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Unfortunately I live in the UK and the Wiimmfi mod doesn't work outside of the US :(
No I doubt that, there's a user named Leo who lives in Brazil and can use Wiimmfi.

Edit: @
Tocaraca2

I'll get back to you on this theory of yours though I'm certain this theory of yours is a myth. So, you live in Europe, is that right?

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
No I doubt that, there's a user named Leo who lives in Brazil and can use Wiimmfi.

Edit: @
Tocaraca2

I'll get back to you on this theory of yours though I'm certain this theory of yours is a myth. So, you live in Europe, is that right?
Yes, the UK is in Europe. And not even Homebrew works :(
The PAL version of Brawl really got the short end of the stick :(

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Not much is known about Captain Falcon due to his lack of use, but I main Captain Falcon and I do know several death comboes, even at high percents *not indending to brag by any means*. And yes, I still play SSBB with a lot of people i know, I quit SSB4 don't ask XD.

Last edited:

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
Not much is known about Captain Falcon due to his lack of use, but I main Captain Falcon and I do know several death comboes, even at high percents *not indending to brag by any means*. And yes, I still play SSBB with a lot of people i know, I quit SSB4 don't ask XD.
What are these "Death Combos" that you speak of?

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
I should have re-phrased that to a death combo, not plural *thanks btw*, I mean that they can be killed very quickly and easily. If you fight somebody like R.O.B., then Tap-Jump (what I call short hopping) and Nair him because his weight is strong enough that he will not launch very far, and fall quickly, and allow you to tap-jump and nair him again. Repeat the process until you go off stage; this “combo” is more of a spam, and is extremely difficult to pull off, and it works on multiple characters, but would not do so well competitively when it comes to Meta Knight being too light, ZSS launching to far, Wario being to short, King Dedede will simply grab you out of the air, and so forth. It also would not serve very well competitively, because if you go to a stage that has edges, *Final Destination for example* you can only go off stage so far, until you have to recover, and then you might die due to bad recovery. I am not sure when exactly they will be able to escape, because I like to use it on the second place of Castle Siege where there is no ledge to fall from, so I can nair them out of the area and kill them. Eventually, I think they will escape, do not expect something that is impossible to escape.

You can also juggle if you down throw and up-kick (what I call Captain Falcon’s Uair) but you must fast fall after it, and you can attempt to get them off stage and ledge guard. This does not cause instant death like the previous in situations, but does rack up the damage relatively quickly, but is good for beginning a ledge guard.

There are other combos I know, but are not death related and merely rack up the damage, so it would be a waste to use them as “evidence” lol.

people that can be caught in the the first tactic that I know right off the top of my head, are Ike, Ganondorf, Bowser, Pit, Snake (?), and King Dedede *if hes stupid and does not grab you out of the air*, and more.

Belief or disbelief is your choice, I was not trying to sound uppity or unkind :). the first tactic was used by Fatality in SSB4 before they patched C. Falcon to make him a bit worse.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
At higher percents, you can down throw *which does no launch very much* and start up the Up Kick chain set ups which should kill them. these here, are some basic set ups. I use these regularly, personally don't give a flying fig if you guys think that these are worthless, they have rarely failed me. a majority of these will be ineffective against Olimar.

2 jabs + Dtilt + Dash attack x 2, Knee of Justice

2 jabs + Dtilt + Dash attack x 2 + Up Kick chain *attempt to chain the Up Kick any chance you possibley get, and juggle them*

4 jabs + Utilt *will kill with ease at higher percents*

2 jabs + Ftilt (or as I call it, the "Side Tilt") Raptor Boost + Up Kick

2 jabs + Dtilt + Dash Grab down throw + Up Kick

Up throw + Up Kick chain

auto cancel your meteor Dair into a chain Dair, SSBM style as seen here https://youtu.be/MoL_ECJ0Y-M?t=3m28s

down throw + nair + short hop + nair *repeat process, you might need to fast fall depending on the victim*

(if there is a ledge) down throw + nair + short hop + nair (repeat until you use your first jump off stage) + secon jump + Dair meteor

2 jabs + Dtilt + short hop + Up Kick

Up throw + Up kick

2 jabs + YEAS! *my joke name for Falcon Dive* (if possible) + Up Kick

Back throw + nair + second jump + Dair Meteor if possible

2 jabs + Dtilt/Ftilt + Dash grab down throw + Up Kick + second jump + Knee of Justice *the second jump can always have a Knee of Justice attampt*

Not going to bother writting out all of these things, because there are just to many.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
At higher percents, you can down throw *which does no launch very much* and start up the Up Kick chain set ups which should kill them. these here, are some basic set ups. I use these regularly, personally don't give a flying fig if you guys think that these are worthless, they have rarely failed me. a majority of these will be ineffective against Olimar.

2 jabs + Dtilt + Dash attack x 2, Knee of Justice

2 jabs + Dtilt + Dash attack x 2 + Up Kick chain *attempt to chain the Up Kick any chance you possibley get, and juggle them*

4 jabs + Utilt *will kill with ease at higher percents*

2 jabs + Ftilt (or as I call it, the "Side Tilt") Raptor Boost + Up Kick

2 jabs + Dtilt + Dash Grab down throw + Up Kick

Up throw + Up Kick chain

auto cancel your meteor Dair into a chain Dair, SSBM style as seen here https://youtu.be/MoL_ECJ0Y-M?t=3m28s

down throw + nair + short hop + nair *repeat process, you might need to fast fall depending on the victim*

(if there is a ledge) down throw + nair + short hop + nair (repeat until you use your first jump off stage) + secon jump + Dair meteor

2 jabs + Dtilt + short hop + Up Kick

Up throw + Up kick

2 jabs + YEAS! *my joke name for Falcon Dive* (if possible) + Up Kick

Back throw + nair + second jump + Dair Meteor if possible

2 jabs + Dtilt/Ftilt + Dash grab down throw + Up Kick + second jump + Knee of Justice *the second jump can always have a Knee of Justice attampt*

Not going to bother writting out all of these things, because there are just to many.
Sorry, but these aren't true combos by any means.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Your not doing it right then it seems because it always works for me *not trying to offend*.
it's alright though, I take no offense but I would rather avoid a fight. It is true that the dashing grab is hard to make effective, and some of the others are escapable. So I gues you are right that they are not "True Combos" that are inescapable. These set ups are not intended to be used on someone at 0%, they are damage dependant *like how the Sacred Combo in Melee does not work if they are at a very low percent because of the lack of launch, and if it is to high, then it will kill. The same goes for Captain Falcon's Windmill from the same game* These set ups are merely to rack up some damage.
Remember, if you are in Training Mode, do not expect them to work at all. Belief or disbelief lies with you :).
Do you know how to Jab-Cancel with Captain Falcon? (just asking).

Last edited:

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Your not doing it right then it seems because it always works for me *not trying to offend*.
it's alright though, I take no offense but I would rather avoid a fight. It is true that the dashing grab is hard to make effective, and some of the others are escapable. So I gues you are right that they are not "True Combos" that are inescapable. These set ups are not intended to be used on someone at 0%, they are damage dependant *like how the Sacred Combo in Melee does not work if they are at a very low percent because of the lack of launch, and if it is to high, then it will kill. The same goes for Captain Falcon's Windmill from the same game* These set ups are merely to rack up some damage.
Remember, if you are in Training Mode, do not expect them to work at all. Belief or disbelief lies with you :).
Do you know how to Jab-Cancel with Captain Falcon? (just asking).
I do know how to jab cancel with captain falcon, but I can't effectively pull it off in-game. I try to do it too quickly, then I end up using a Down Tilt.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Oh thats alright man, it's all cool :).

You know, if you play on Pokemon Stadium (Melee) and use Captain Falcon, spam the Jab on the far left corner when it's on the rock terrain and face the rock wall. the small part of the stadium does not have enough room for him to start the animaton for the rapid punch and will simply start the jab over from the beginning. I did this to Fox until he was up past 200% because he is a fast faller and so forth, but it will not work on somebody like Kirby and what not. This move is not easy because if you jab to quickly, Captain Falcon will automatically fall off but on occasion he does not; It must be pretty spot on but once you have it down, it should not be that hard.
I have actual evidence for this tactic, I am not joking around for I have a replay of it.

I believe that when the Brawl tournament rules say that infinites are banned, it may apply to this, so if I went to a tournament I do not believe I would be able to abuse it.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Watch out for that Shield Grab in Brawl.
When your Shield is up and somebody attacks you, grab right out of your shield (but do not lower the shield first) and you can deal damage right away.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Watch out for that Shield Grab in Brawl.
When your Shield is up and somebody attacks you, grab right out of your shield (but do not lower the shield first) and you can deal damage right away.
Dude we're not ****ing noobs, we know how the game works.

Zargasaurus

Smash Apprentice
Dude we're not ****ing noobs, we know how the game works.
Hey now I was just saying for general knowledge man, the message does not direct itself towards anyone specifically, I don't need your mouth :glare:. Some people come to smash boards to learn about the games and possibly get into it's community and learn some tricks and the like, we are all friend here.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
Hey now I was just saying for general knowledge man, the message does not direct itself towards anyone specifically, I don't need your mouth :glare:. Some people come to smash boards to learn about the games and possibly get into it's community and learn some tricks and the like, we are all friend here.
Oh OK, I thought you were patronizing me lol. Sorry about that.
I know about grabbing out of shield, and have done since I was still a noob.
Hold on wait I still am a noob.

Tocaraca2

Smash Ace
IIRC, MK's U-air true combos into itself. It's been years since I played SSBB, so correct me if im wrong lol.
Everyone knows that, but the real question is does anyone besides meta knight have true combos? And we've found the answer is definitely yes.
Brawl combos are more situational, which is why I like Brawl just as much as Smash 4.

Top Bottom