• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone play Marth WITHOUT F-smashing?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I actually don't f-smash anymore, but not because I don't want to: my c-stick is broken (and that little pause in side smashing has cost me a few times). For edge guarding I typically use f-tilt, d-tilt, b, or b-air.

I really need to get a new controller.

pockyD

Smash Legend
u-tilt, dsmash, usmash ftilt, nair?
utilt - legit but a lot harder to set up than fsmash, especially for a KO hit

dsmash - lol? why would you use this instead of fsmash

usmash - ok you're joking for sure

ftilt - sure, but fsmash works in most of the same cases and will kill like 30-40% earlier

nair - yeah if you want them to live to 180 EVERY life

it just seems stupid to arbitrarily decide not to fsmash

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Usmash is a lil difficult.. I tend to steer away from the Fsmash more and more but its obviously still my most used KO move. No reason to ignore the Fsmash, it puts Phear into yur prey.. that and marths taunt.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I think many of my KOs from Marth comes from forward smashes. My c-stick and spamming forward smashes with Marth go so well together that I have a pretty hard time doing forward smashes without the c-stick. I'm beginning to wonder how it's possible to get very good with Marth without forward smashes, kinda like Captain Falcon not using knees.

Top Bottom