• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone know some combos for Ike

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
I don't have brawl, but am going to main Ike. So can anyone find some combos

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I've hear fair>utilt or nair>utilt at low %s on the heavier 1/2 of the cast works. the AAA works, in addition to possibly the AAutilt/AAdsmash w/ an A cancel (or whatever it's called with the R/L during the ending of a jab). Dtrhow>Aether should never work because they'd have to miss their DI, and They'll have a frikin hour to DI it correctly.
Nair>jab maybe
MAYBE some form of edge canceled Aether>ledgehop combo.

D

Deleted member

observe to upsmash is his best combo. no, really, it is.

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
Thanks,l because i didn't want a main who, although hits hard, can't combo. no offense to ike

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I've hear fair>utilt or nair>utilt at low %s on the heavier 1/2 of the cast works. the AAA works, in addition to possibly the AAutilt/AAdsmash w/ an A cancel (or whatever it's called with the R/L during the ending of a jab). Dtrhow>Aether should never work because they'd have to miss their DI, and They'll have a frikin hour to DI it correctly.
Nair>jab maybe
MAYBE some form of edge canceled Aether>ledgehop combo.

ALL OF THIS IS FALSE!!

. I HAVE THE GAME AND I TESTED ALL OF THESE. NONE OF THEM WORK against REAL PEOPLE!

You also state alot more false points for example when you said dthrow to aether doesn't work and the opponent can DI. That is so wrong. Wow you really don't play this game do you..? what are you playing melee? Downthrow to aether works 100% the opponent cannot dI from dthrow...it's Ike. Geez next time check your facts man :psycho:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
U-throw to Aether works better.

Less knockback.

Anyway, someone needs to confirm the jab cancel.

Some say it's in others say it isn't.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
U-throw to Aether works better.

Less knockback.

Anyway, someone needs to confirm the jab cancel.

Some say it's in others say it isn't.
FALSE FALSE FALSE.

and if you don't get that I'm joking by now....quit life :p

You can jab cancel..why does this need confirmation ?! Ike videos are all over the place.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ok, Silven.

To confirm. Can Ike abuse jab cancel to d-smash?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Ok, Silven.

To confirm. Can Ike abuse jab cancel to d-smash?
Nope it's not guaranteed.. It works at times for some reason though.... I don't use it anymore.

I've gotten punished for trying far too many times to count on it.

I play alot more safe and proactive more than anything with Ike.

Watch my vids ;) lol

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Only combo ability is through his nair. Nair to nair DOES work. I have done it. Nair to any aerial besides his fair works (his fair and dair are trash, and I haven't had enough time with the game to properly test what you can do with his nair). Haven't tried nair to Aether yet. I may try that next time I get my hands on the game.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmm.

Dude..

>_>

Who cares what this thread is about. lol. I hijacked that ****.

I just needed to know this for sure.

What is the timing of the cancel?

Is it easy?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Only combo ability is through his nair. Nair to nair DOES work. I have done it. Nair to any aerial besides his fair works (his fair and dair are trash, and I haven't had enough time with the game to properly test what you can do with his nair). Haven't tried nair to Aether yet. I may try that next time I get my hands on the game.

LOL YOU'RE TRASH :psycho:

And yes Emblem the timing is easy.. I do A to grab or AA to grab all the time.

Just so I'm not confused. Emblem lord were you the short little kid that I saw playing Roy at Viva La smashacre?! And you teamed with D1 before at a gauntlet in friendlies?!1 Is this the Emblem Lord I'm thinking of...?1

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. No.

The moment you said teams I knew it couldn't be me.

I can't remember if I ever teamed with D1 at Guantlet.

I don't play teams that much and I don't fux with Roy any more. But I was at VLS.

You might be thinking of Lord Knight.

Anyway, more questions.

When done correctly will the shield pop up or does Ike just go back to his regular fighting stance very quickly?

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Hmmm yah I probably mean Lord Knight....you're the guy who hangs out with Woz ...now I remember. Anyway you cancel the jabs with down so theres no reason the shield would pop up.

But yah I go to sleep now PEACE!

Dragnil you're a funny guy. Dthrow to Aether works 100% duh:psycho:
D-throw to Aether doesn't work. The opponent can DI away easily. I've tried it way too many times an actual opponents. Grabs can't lead into natural combos in this game (Except for Pit's D-throw to U-air because of the IASA frames on his D-throw).

U-throw to Aether would work better at lower percentages because the throw is harder to DI out of than the D-throw.

Top Bottom