• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone in ATL South have an HD PVR?

DC

Smash Cadet
You know what a Gamebridge is, right? Yeah an HD PVR is like that, except it records stuff in 1080p high definiton. It's $250. :urg:

Anyone have one of these babies? There's some stuff I wanna record, but not often enough to justify buying one if I can just borrow one.

In all seriousness I'll probably just end up buying one but I figured I'd ask anyways.

DC

Smash Cadet
Doesn't your system have A/V out? You can get a standard capture card for much cheaper, unless if you absolutely need HD capture
I will accept nothing less than perfection for a Noel combo video... HD is 100% necessary.

Thanks radix... the one I'm looking for is the Hauppauge HD PVR because I'm aware of it's capabilities and it seems like the cheapest one is ~$230. ugh

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol where are you gonna use that 1080p? people rarely have 1080p capable monitors and youtube's just gonna reecode your **** and **** up the quality anyways. . . resolution is nothing without clairty

DC

Smash Cadet
lol where are you gonna use that 1080p? people rarely have 1080p capable monitors and youtube's just gonna reecode your **** and **** up the quality anyways. . . resolution is nothing without clairty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7NgKMAzfFU (click the HD button)

I think BB is only in 1080i anyways, but that video is only 720p and looks really nice. Youtube doesn't **** your quality as much as they use to.

LOL REMEMBER WHEN I USE TO PLAY RACHEL GUIZ AMIRITE

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Speak for yourself. I have a 1080p capable monitor. Get @ me. :p

Yes, YT does re-encode the videos, but the jazz with YT crappy codecs have been know for a hot minute, so no new news there. That still doesn't make HD video a bad thing in any way. In other news...

You know what a Gamebridge is, right? Yeah an HD PVR is like that, except it records stuff in 1080p high definiton. It's $250. :urg:

Anyone have one of these babies? There's some stuff I wanna record, but not often enough to justify buying one if I can just borrow one.

In all seriousness I'll probably just end up buying one but I figured I'd ask anyways.
I have my Hauppage HD PVR that I may be willing to get rid of. VM me for more info...

Top Bottom