• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone here suffer from social anxiety and/or depression?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Both. I have a narrowing interest in getting to know others, tend to be absent socially, and... I feel hollow, emotionally. Whenever I tell people I'm happy, I feel like I'm just putting on a smile and saying so.

Not sure how to better describe it. I want to say I'm getting better, but I honestly don't know. I hope I didn't actually break somewhere along the way.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Have you tried anything to help you become well, at least how it seems to me, more social?

Having social anxiety myself, I take valium then have a caffeinated drink.
I do my own thing.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I have social anxiety, mainly because I don't like the unwanted attention and I prefer to keep to myself. It really sucks, too, because I want to get to know new people, but I can never know what to say sometimes. Sometimes it's even better to convey my words over text...

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I have obsessive-compulsive disorder, which sounds totally incidental, but it makes it extremely difficult to do routine things sometimes. There are days when I feel utterly impotent, physically and psychologically incapable of doing the most mundane of tasks because I fear the imaginary repercussions, to the extent that I want to curl into a tiny ball and cry.

I was an introvert most of my life, then I suddenly became more sociable and outgoing in college. My advice is that, if you stay true to yourself and try to be friendly to others, people will return the favour. Truth be told, most people you meet will want to be your friend. You just need to find confidence to go out and do it.

ArcticEight

Smash Rookie
NNID
ArcticEight
I'm pretty sure I have social anxiety or something similiar. I've always had problems with social interactions with people.

Oh, and depression; no doubt about it. I've had to deal with that for about 10+ years now.

Last edited:

JRex95

Smash Rookie
NNID
JRex95
3DS FC
0748-3682-3144
Now I have never been diagnosed with Depression, but I do get hit pretty badly where I would not eat for a day, or try to talk little as possible.

Now there is this thing that is kinda hard to explain with me and social anxiety, but it is basically on and off for certain people.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
I get depressed all the time, really. It kind of hinders my Smash game, which isn't very good.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Yes.

Doesn't matter that I'm good academically, the specific and general skills used for academics aren't useful for keeping oneself happy. That's different.

At least I'm friendly and well-liked....

Last edited:

FairyGardens435

Smash Cadet
NNID
FAIRYWARS98
3DS FC
2810-1101-1258
I wouldn't say I have social anxiety, it just so happens that there's many obnoxious and loud people at my school. It's impossible to talk to them, let alone listen to them, without getting a headache.

Last edited:
Top Bottom