• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else try to Psy Spike?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Similar to Shine Spiking with Fox. The Psy Magnet is quick and has good horizontal knock back. It lets u recover right after with ur 2ndd jump. So is it effective and worth it besides just being flashy?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I would avoid it. There are better and safer moves to use that are much more reliable. It's a neat trick but I wouldn't rely on it.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Considering Lucas has two much more reliable spikes (Down Air and Back Air), there's really no reason to be goofing around with "spiking" with his down B.

I mean, it has OK edgeguard capabilities, but its certainly no spike.

Hilarious anecdote: I was playing against a Pit, and he was projectile spamming on the side of a stage (at about 150%). I jumped above him and held down-B, which threw him off. I then proceded to land it over him and release, killing him.

Powda

Smash Apprentice
I found Psi to be very effective against characters like Pit. He already spams arrows all over so using the psi magnet as a fighting tool as opposed to a defensive is a good habit. Pit's dash attack is out ranged by Psi, this was a huge discovery for me as I would shield the little nut case until I was pushed out of the void(this is what we call it) then psi and he goes byby.

I also learned to approach him with it, SH to Psi is great especially since there is little lag and you can go straight into a combo if he reacts badly.

P.S. being a samus main in melee I have the habit of pressing down B. I learned quickly that it is great for mind games, I'd say I use psi magnet more than any other move in lucas arsenal. Even when I get knocked into the air but characters like fox pit TL etc, I press psi and it screws up their combo.

Seanson

Smash Ace
pk thunder if they're off the stage, bottom line :)

it either stagespikes them or sets them up for another pk thunder, almost every time!

Powda

Smash Apprentice
Unless it's pit or toon link in which case they either shoot your PKT, or shoot you while you are trying to PKT them. Psi spyke is still far better against pit in my experience.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
yes iv tried but its a little, a ,little harder to hit your opponent but I've killed some friends using that move! but i don't spam that move because is my surprise move! lol

Top Bottom