• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else think Smash bros on 3ds won't be very good?

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I would be one of those people to get mad if the other version gets different characters. They are both trying to be the same with their own exclusive stuff but characters is kinda of a game changer if both versions have different characters. It would suck if I really liked 1 fighter in 1 version but not available in the other version.

I wouldn't mind if they changed characters if both smash platforms were separate titles rather than being the same title.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would be one of those people to get mad if the other version gets different characters. They are both trying to be the same with their own exclusive stuff but characters is kinda of a game changer if both versions have different characters. It would suck if I really liked 1 fighter in 1 version but not available in the other version.

I wouldn't mind if they changed characters if both smash platforms were separate titles rather than being the same title.
I feel the same exact way about stages, I feel as though they are game changers as well.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Smash on 3DS is like sex with a condom.

It doesnt feel as good as it would normally, but its still pretty damn good.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I actually like the circle pad far more than analog sticks in Nintendo controllers. So no, I don't think the 3DS version will be be bad or "less good" than the Wii U version. In fact, I think it might eventually be better than the console version, for a lot of reasons. The comparison in the post above couldn't be more stupid, by the way.

BioZelink

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Biozelink
3DS FC
4811-7130-3977
I prefer the 3ds circle pad to analog sticks. i find it easier to tilt it slightly, and it works great. The buttons are smaller, but they are also closer together, so it would be easier to reach buttons like x and y for jumping, and it would tire hands less. The 3ds version will be a full fledged smash bros game, it might have less music and maybe not some things like the masterpeaces, and stuff like that, but the system is perfectly capable of delivering an amazing smash game. BTW Smash 4 was planned to be a 3ds exclusive game, after that they decided to do both versions. Of course the WiiU looks better, it's on a console...

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I actually like the circle pad far more than analog sticks in Nintendo controllers. So no, I don't think the 3DS version will be be bad or "less good" than the Wii U version. In fact, I think it might eventually be better than the console version, for a lot of reasons. The comparison in the post above couldn't be more stupid, by the way.
I find your lack in humor disturbing >:(

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
I don't expect the 3DS version to be very good, but I don't expect it to be very bad either. I'm buying both anyway, but I'll probably shelf the 3DS version once the Wii U version comes out. It's like how I don't care if Guilty Gear was on PSP, or Street Fighter on the Vita.

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
I think that the 3ds button layout could work well with smash and nobody will notice the graphics when you have such a small screen and such great gameplay

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I think the Wii U version will be better, but the 3DS version will be good too. I think the controls will work well and hey, who haven't dreamed of being able to play Smash while being on a long car trip or taking a bathroom break?

D

Deleted member

Both versions will be great. In my opinion, no version is inferior. Though, I think we shouldn't compare the handheld game to the console game, since they're different and stuff. I agree with BioZelink. Smash Bros. on a handheld is a dream come true.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
I think the Wii U version will be better, but the 3DS version will be good too. I think the controls will work well and hey, who haven't dreamed of being able to play Smash while being on a long car trip or taking a bathroom break?
Taking my 3DS into the bathroom is less of a dream and more a nightmare.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
There is some concerns where the 3DS version is concerned, but I honestly think most people will find it a perfectly suitable controller for Smash. Plus some Smash specific peripheral isn't totally out of the question just yet.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think the Wii U version will naturally be better and more polished, but that's just due to Smash generally working well on a home console, on a big TV, and the hardware being able to handle more content.

The 3DS version won't be bad, though. It'll just be compressed. Like EVERY handheld port of a same-gen console game that's ever existed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom