• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else have youtube problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ta-kun the Pyro

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I made my first combo video with the 'help' of windows movie maker. I did what everyone else does; I uploaded music to go along with the video, and now my video is muted due to copyright issues.

wth

I'm not a popular guy on youtube or anything, so why pick on me? And what's wrong with having music playing? It's like free promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinobnZJr9U&feature=channel_page

That's the video in case anyone is interested in seeing it. (Don't expect anything great)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
you have to give them credit for the music
for example
i.e-" I do not own (subject) in any way
all copyrights to(company)"

something like that

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
most likely not
once they take it off,it's gone:/
you're going to have to reupload it

Ta-kun the Pyro

Smash Cadet
Invalid reasons to dispute a claim

* I own the CD / DVD or bought the song online.

Buying a song, CD, DVD, or other piece of media doesn't give you authorization to post that content on YouTube. The content owner still has the right to choose where it is distributed.
* The content was only a part of my video.

In almost all cases, you need written permission from the content owner to use even part of their work in your video. Learn more about Copyright.
* There are other videos on YouTube with the same content. Why can't I use it too?

Copyright is all about the owner's right to decide who can use their content. Someone else's use doesn't give you permission.
* I gave credit in the description. Isn't that enough?

No. Giving credit does not give you authorization to upload the content.
* I'm not selling my video or trying to make money.

Whether or not you benefit financially from using the content doesn't matter. Unless you have permission from the owner, it's not yours to use.

well that's just gay :/

I guess I'll have to use songs from their stupid list -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom