• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone actually do the contests or Underground stuff?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
To me, they seem like extra tidbits in the game that have moderate levels of fun.

I mean, you could do the contests with some spare Pokemon, like hatched ones or HM Slaves. But it's NOWWHERE near as fun as battling other people, of course.

I know we use the Underground for getting fossiles and Stones, but do you actually hook up with other people and do whatever Underground? You know, you can make other people fall in traps or play Capture the Flag. :p

Myself, I just do the UG to get Stones/Fossiles/etc.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
No, because they SUCK.
Yes, I know they SUCK. I just wanted to know if anyone actually does them for entertainment values. (LOL Yeah, right!)

You could of just said, "No, their entertainment values are inferior and do not occupy or amuse me." or something...

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
The only time I've ever gone in the Underground with somebody else was to get my Spiritomb. Otherwise it is only for getting the really good treasures.

Contest? I entered once, it was probably the weirdest thing I've done in terms of Pokemon. Never again :p

Icon_of_Sin

Smash Apprentice
You no like? I know those things are just extra stuff but, I like to get jiggy with my pokemon. Plus, setting up 2 minute chain reactions with hurl traps is always fun...even if your the one who gets caught in it...

lowradiation8989

Smash Journeyman
the underground and contests are needed to get more stars on your trainer card

you need to win one master rank contest for a star, and you also need to win at capture the flag 50 times for another star

not everyone is interested in getting all 5 stars on their trainer cards, but i am........because it changes colors too.........and having 5 stars makes it black, which looks really realy really cool

also, there's a secret club that you can get into at the resort area on that island, which you can't get into, unless you win all the master rank contests (i think)........the resort is very useful, because it allows you to give your pokemon massages as much as you want, not just once a day.........really useful if you want to evolve a chansey or eevee

yeah, sorry about the super long post......i just wanted to get that all out of my system, lol!

Soma

Smash Journeyman
To get into the ribbon society you just need a pokemon with 10 ribbons... which you can get 7 from the lady in the town with the last gym... and one for maxing out your ev's in the little shop there too... so its not to hard to do that. I think you only need to do one contest to do it.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
7 ribbons from ribbon lady, EV lady, Dr.Footprint, and having that pokemon in your party in the E4 gets you 10 ribbons.

Top Bottom