• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DoDu Tournament - Salem, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
10$ my what vs your Samus? Samus ditto? Sure.
No Shane I am calling out that Mario of yours.

Samus has invaded the mushroom kingdom it's time for Shane's Mario to come try and take me out the bounty on your head is $10 and Samus is broke we must do battle!

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
pssh screen peeping ftw

Eggz I will 1 dollar money match you to playing a double blind folded 2 out of 3 and we get a partner to tell us whats going on

Jem.

Smash Master
It's pretty hard not to screen look, especially when someone goes up Grav Lift. Sorry I struggle to force my eyes to only focus on half the screen.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Why not your going to need to screen watch. If we play with two TVs I'm playing with my 360 then...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Crews isn't about money. Smash isn't about money. The capitalist system is about money. Josh is right, EC vs WC at FC was only a dollar and I doubt anyone really cared about that dollar when they did their dance, it was just something tangible to flaunt at the opposition.

Games don't have a set quantity of skill set in them, each player is only as good as they can be with their own potential. Saying either has more skill than the other just won't make sense. But I will say this: Smash is fun, Halo is not.

Screen-looking is banned in Smash ever since that one Gameclucks tournament where James had to call out a cheater on it. Don't do it.

Pichu dittos anyone?

Eggz

Smash Hero
Crews isn't about money. Smash isn't about money. The capitalist system is about money. Josh is right, EC vs WC at FC was only a dollar and I doubt anyone really cared about that dollar when they did their dance, it was just something tangible to flaunt at the opposition.

Games don't have a set quantity of skill set in them, each player is only as good as they can be with their own potential. Saying either has more skill than the other just won't make sense. But I will say this: Smash is fun, Halo is not.

Screen-looking is banned in Smash ever since that one Gameclucks tournament where James had to call out a cheater on it. Don't do it.

Pichu dittos anyone?
Money makes people try their hardest. I can't try if something big isn't on the line.

And yes David, you've got the spooning deal too.

Jem.

Smash Master
Apparently you havent gone to a Halo 2 Tournament before. Why not share a screen with your opponent, right? That's stupid and dumb, and whoever screenlook more wins.
Eggz knows how gay screen-looking on Halo is. He came over and we played MLG 1v1 for fun and it's pretty hard not to screenlook and hear when someone goes on the grav lift, because it makes a ****ing huge sound. You might as well be in the huddle with the offense when you're on defense in football, cause that's what you seem to be getting at. (Not in football, though, in Halo >_>)

T0MMY - Whether you think Halo is fun or not is just an opinion, not a fact. Just like you think Smash is only for pure fun. You realize how many people wouldn't play at tournaments or travel if money wasn't up for grabs? MLG wouldn't even exist and we'd be playing on Mushroom Kingdom all day with items on very high. Smash is about money whether you like it or not. I think I can speak for WA in saying we wouldn't come to Oregon just to play a few rounds of smash with no money involved.

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Lol? I said that towards smash. In the post I made about Halo 2 screen watching doesn't even relate to what you said. And if you screen watch more that doesn't even mean you'll win do you even play Halo? Oh yeah you play with pros ha. You still forgot that you when you shoot him he'll shoot back.

Jem.

Smash Master
Yeah I play Halo 2, nice sarcasm. What you're saying is screen looking takes skill. It doesnt. Just like on different tv's, when two pros meet up, unless you have a wall to work around or turn the tide with a grenade or melee, whoever gets the first shot usually wins. Screen-looking complete ruins the point of radar being turns off for MLG 1v1. The real way to measure someones skill is 1v1 not on the same screen..

Thryx

Smash Apprentice
Wow... please quote on me saying "Screen looking takes skill" before you make something up. Plus one 1v1 game doesn't prove who's better on terms of slayer. If we played 5 games of 1v1 and the score was just about the same then that will prover something. Then we will just play with two TVs happy now?

Jem.

Smash Master
Okay, so it wasnt like that, but the better player isn't who wins on Split Screen. Even if I did win on split-screen, would have no satisfaction because all I did was stare at your half of the screen and predict you where you were walking.

T0MMY

Smash Master
How would you screen look at Smash with one GC?
Well, I think it'd be more difficult to do it with more than one monitor.

T0MMY - Whether you think Halo is fun or not is just an opinion, not a fact.
I never said my opinion on Halo was anything but.
Although, I'd be more inclined to believe Halo being a terrible game is a universal fact.

Just like you think Smash is only for pure fun. You realize how many people wouldn't play at tournaments or travel if money wasn't up for grabs? MLG wouldn't even exist and we'd be playing on Mushroom Kingdom all day with items on very high. Smash is about money whether you like it or not. I think I can speak for WA in saying we wouldn't come to Oregon just to play a few rounds of smash with no money involved.
I've been to quite a few tournaments with no cash prize, as I'm sure practically everyone here has. MLG probably would still exist because they get money whether they pay people for winning or not. K, so WA wouldn't come to OR if there was no money involved, however OR would (and has) gone to WA for friendlies only.
As for the all-day Mushroom Kingdom item event... I'm down with that, when is it taking place?

Riot6777

Smash Ace
JEM, Shane, Everyone Halo rules Tommy just sucks at life and he can't be good at anything but smash and yet he still does a bad job at that lol he has been playing longer than I have yet sucks still just the same.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
NXUS here,
Just want to let you know Ill be there...

um is luigi low tier?????? pm plz or not

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
If Ammon is my low tier partner, then yes, Luigi is allowed. If Ammon is not my partner (AKA Eggz' partner) then Luigi is not allowed.

Either way, Link is not allowed.

Jem.

Smash Master
If Luigi is allowed, everyone is going to be him >_>

EDIT: Is there anyway we can get a for sure to not start without WA Friday? We aren't sure if our Driver can get out of work early, and we don't want to miss crews or low tier I believe. Our driver (Jamo) is trying to get out of work early Friday though so we can head over. We're north of Seattle 45 mins or so :p

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Hmm, that'll be a four and a half hour drive for you guys. That's fine, I probably won't even be there on time, I have soccer practice on Friday. Besides, it will probably be an all-nighter, we can do crews deep into the night...right after Shane is done spooning with me.

EDIT: We still have a T.V. and Game Cube/hook ups/game problem. We need to try to get at least 10 T.V.s and Game Cubes/hook ups/games.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
2 v 2 halo 2 mm mlg style accepted if i end up going lol. If you have xbl and want to add me my account is f00sey that's all lower case meaning the 0's = zeros

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS JEM ON JAMO'S ACCOUNT

You serious? Your money is on Foos?
You have MLG setting Foos? Eggz is over and we're smashing, but maybe I can find time to 1v1 MLG you online?

GT: SupahJem

THIS WAS JEM ON JAMO'S ACCOUNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom