• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc's Cape Stun

MuBa

Smash Lord
I've been noticing that Doc's cape sometimes stun the opponent and then you can follow up with any other attacks, so my question is what situation do I have to be in order for that to happen?

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I know that sometimes when you cape a grounded opponent that it actually lifts them up, and they'd fall on the ground if they didn't tech. Usually this happens to me on a CPU. You know how normal stun tactics don't work on comps, and how they will retaliate with a quick jab whenever they can? Well, this, or something similar to this works on them, as I'm able to hit them afterwards.

Not exactly sure if this is what you're talking about...but it's kinda similar ;D

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
There has already been a topic about this, and certain requirements must be met for the cape to stun the opponent. A few (I can't remember all) of them are as follow:

1. Cape during grabbing animation
2. Cape at the end of a phantasm
3. ...Is that it, lol?

RPK

Smash Lord
I think, even though I may be wrong, but one time I got caped right when I jumped and I instead started tumbling but again I may be wrong...and I havent played a doc or anyone else in months....

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I remember my friend grabbed Falco with DK and I caped Falco while DK had him and Falco fell down, it jus kept happening over and over and he couldn't escape.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the only way to stun them with the cape is during a grab animation or a phantasm.

Other fun things to do with the cape is to just play a cpu Ness and whenever you get knocked up high in the air the Ness will PK Flash and bring it to the ground. Just cape it and it will only hit the Ness. I did this in school one day when I was off the edge and the Ness edge-guarded with it and he just went flying. :laugh:

Top Bottom