• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc Thread is dead

Ghostly

Smash Cadet
Kokiri Forest or East Greenwich Rhode Island
I have some questions for those who can answer...

1. Does Doc's cape really help you in your recovery?

2. Does his tornado really help you in your recovery?

3. Who are some good players with Doctor Mario?

I know my username is Jigglypuff but I wish I could change it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
0) The Doc Forums definitely arent dead. We pretty much just talk in the general discussion about various stuff

1) Yes, but only the first cape (as long as you have cape stall). It stalls you out like the name implies. Anything beyond the first cape doesnt effect your fall speed at all and is more of a gimmick.

2) Yes, but only if you can "PTP". Perfect Tornado Press although you realistically dont have to be perfect to get the benefit of it. Go to FD, tornado off the ground and double jump. If you cant double jump, you're not gaining ANY height from the tornado (meaning it's hurting your recovery).

3) Uuuuuuuuuuum, Homemadewaffles, shroomed, boss8, otg, reaper (from germany, not that wack a** kirby player :p), and I'm aight I guess. Beyond that, you're starting to look into older stuff, which would include $mashmac, bob money, captain jack, s-royal, pine, cyphus, DJ Nintendo (a majority of his stuff, that is), and probably alot more.

4) If you really want to change your name, you could either shell out 4 bucks for premium or real nicely beg an admin (black name)

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Well as long as you can get the majority of the tornado, you can at least stall your recovery as long as you DI the tornado toward the stage as you are rapidly pressing B. Just should expect to be a little lower than before unless you PTP, but at least you will be a bit closer to the stage. Stalling can be a good or bad thing.

Sometimes you have an opponent that's just hanging on the ledge (attempting to edgehog you). Whenever they expect you to use your UpB recovery move, they might ledge roll to get decrease your chances of grabbing ledge because the game will still think the opponent is using the edge while they are in rolling animation. But tornadoing first instead of UpB-ing "might" trick your opponent into rolling earlier than they are suppose to since you can UpB after the tornado.

Stalling can hurt you if your opponent expects you to tornado near the stage or responds quickly to your attempt to stall. Tornadoing near the edge while an opponent is just waiting there leaves you extremely vulnerable. It pretty much sends your opponent a message loud and clear: "Come spike me!".... And then Doc will be like "Oof! D'oh!" So be careful with that!

Bil

Smash Ace
0) The Doc Forums definitely arent dead. We pretty much just talk in the general discussion about various stuff

1) Yes, but only the first cape (as long as you have cape stall). It stalls you out like the name implies. Anything beyond the first cape doesnt effect your fall speed at all and is more of a gimmick.

2) Yes, but only if you can "PTP". Perfect Tornado Press although you realistically dont have to be perfect to get the benefit of it. Go to FD, tornado off the ground and double jump. If you cant double jump, you're not gaining ANY height from the tornado (meaning it's hurting your recovery).

3) Uuuuuuuuuuum, Homemadewaffles, shroomed, boss8, otg, reaper (from germany, not that wack a** kirby player :p), and I'm aight I guess. Beyond that, you're starting to look into older stuff, which would include $mashmac, bob money, captain jack, s-royal, pine, cyphus, DJ Nintendo (a majority of his stuff, that is), and probably alot more.

4) If you really want to change your name, you could either shell out 4 bucks for premium or real nicely beg an admin (black name)
eighteenspikes?

Top Bottom