• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc terminology

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
This is just to ask what some of the stuff is officially called. First of all, shouldn't ledge cancelled pills be called ledge pills? You can't cancel them using the ledge and the lag from the pill has to be over for you to grab. Secondly, what does everybody call the full raised jump pill. Is it a jump pill, full jump pill or what?

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
This is just to ask what some of the stuff is officially called. First of all, shouldn't ledge cancelled pills be called ledge pills? You can't cancel them using the ledge and the lag from the pill has to be over for you to grab. Secondly, what does everybody call the full raised jump pill. Is it a jump pill, full jump pill or what?
Read Cyphus guide... /thread

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Not everything needs a name.. Just say full jumped pill, ledge pills, etc. and people will know what your talking about.

Gea

Smash Master
You still have to explain what bairs, SHFFLs and the like are to new players. Honestly "full jump pill" or "short hopped pill" are fine. I hate that wavelanded double bair abbrevation honestly. Its so long its worthless. ~.~

sk8tinGam0r

Smash Cadet
I have, but some of the names are either misleading or a too long. I think there should be simple names for techniques that aren't abbreviations so it's easy for everyone to talk about. Particularly new players.
but if u turn it into 1337 talk then no "New Players" will understand what ur saying. kinda like that at&t comercial.

(Sk8tinGam0r yells at $mac to come down)

($mac comes down the stairs into the kitchen)

$mac- WU

Sk8tinGam0r - This cell phone bill, that's what's up. Who are you texting 50 times a day

$mac - IDK my BFF SheikSSBM

Sk8tinGam0r - well, tell Jill that I am taking away your phone

$mac - TISNF, Im going to shbawd to dsmash to up b-cancel with a shffl after the lcp(ledge cancel pill like u siad)

Sk8tinGam0r - This bill is what is S N F

ok maybe its my lil spin off but to much leet talk can confuse the newcomers. i was overcome by it when i first started playin.

-PM-

Smash Ace
well im new to all the talk and i already know it (first two days at most) lol
leet talk doesnt take much unless it confuses you or something

DaBRÜM

Smash Apprentice
Oh and this was stated by a guy who instead of BROOM....is now BRÜM
SHortened...

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
but if u turn it into 1337 talk then no "New Players" will understand what ur saying. kinda like that at&t comercial.

(Sk8tinGam0r yells at $mac to come down)

($mac comes down the stairs into the kitchen)

$mac- WU

Sk8tinGam0r - This cell phone bill, that's what's up. Who are you texting 50 times a day

$mac - IDK my BFF SheikSSBM

Sk8tinGam0r - well, tell Jill that I am taking away your phone

$mac - TISNF, Im going to shbawd to dsmash to up b-cancel with a shffl after the lcp(ledge cancel pill like u siad)

Sk8tinGam0r - This bill is what is S N F

ok maybe its my lil spin off but to much leet talk can confuse the newcomers. i was overcome by it when i first started playin.
This is exactly what I mean. Too much leet talk goddammit!

Top Bottom