• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
I am hoping for hilarious codecs on the Punch Out!! stage. Wouldn't the Doc spouting things out often in battle get annoying? Especially if there are 4 people playing as Little Mac? I would just love to hear Doc's comments about the fighters on the Punch Out!! stage… or throw in lines like "Join Club Nintendo today, Mac!" or "Now listen up son, I'ma tell you a secret. I looooove chocolate bars."

Also, I loved it when Doc said "Smash ain't no joke!" That made me smile!
This line is REQUIRED to happen whenever Mac is facing a Third Party Character, if not, I will be dissapoint.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I always wanted Doc Louis to be a decorative background character a la Pokémon Trainer. He's a trainer after all...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I always wanted Doc Louis to be a decorative background character a la Pokémon Trainer. He's a trainer after all...
Maybe that will be a update eventually doc Louis running around on the background like the pokemon trainer

And really hopefully get a codec thing in the punch out arena like snake in the shadow Moses

Last edited:

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Vs. Link

"Don't let Link keep his distance, son. Keep the pressure on and close that gap! Remember, the punch is mightier than the sword!"

Vs. Mario

"Mac, what are you doing? You can't fight the ref!"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think that Codec Calls would be the ideal way to hear Doc talk. But I wouldn't mind him giving Mac advice in the background either. Though it might be limited like the Pokemon Trainer's. So that it won't be too distracting.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think it makes sense for him to appear in some of Mac's victory animations. I remember this one from the Wii game;

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I hope Doc appears as a background character in the stages when Mac fights.

Plus, if Doc's clothing changes as Mac's palettes change, when Mac wears his Pink jumpsuit as alternate costume Doc should be wearing his Tiger Print jacket from the Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
What might be neat is when you're paused on the Boxing Stage and you have Little Mac as one of the characters, Doc will periodically talk to Mac about the characters he's facing, while also giving him helpful advice, since pausing would be the closet thing to round breaks you could get.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
What might be neat is when you're paused on the Boxing Stage and you have Little Mac as one of the characters, Doc will periodically talk to Mac about the characters he's facing, while also giving him helpful advice, since pausing would be the closet thing to round breaks you could get.
Unless it's a stage gimmick where after a certain amount of time, the bell will ring and you'll be separated somehow.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I hope he will say something when Lil Mac gets KOed. Think Pokemon Trainer when respawning.

I really want him in the background though. That will never happen..

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
If Snake doesn't return, I'd like to see Codec-esque interactions between Doc and Mac. I also wanted to see something like this between Palutena and Pit, but dice Palutena has a high chance if becoming a character...

Speculator

Smash Ace
If Snake doesn't return, I'd like to see Codec-esque interactions between Doc and Mac. I also wanted to see something like this between Palutena and Pit, but dice Palutena has a high chance if becoming a character...
I think Palutena's chances are overstated. Either way, there's no reason all three series can't have codec-style cameos (four, including the Star Fox taunts). They've obviously gone to the trouble of hiring Doc Louis's English and Japanese voice actors, so I don't think they'd limit him to just the trailer.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
"Alright, Mac baby. Captain Falcon's got some pretty strong punches, but I know you can do it. Dodge his attacks at the last second. Then hit him with a Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar PAAAWNCH!"

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of which, I'm still baffled by the lack of Star Punch in the game.

I mean... it's awesome we got the Super Punch Out KO-Punch mechanic.. But the Star Punch is iconic!
I hope at least one of Mac's uppercuts projects a star of light.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, I'm still baffled by the lack of Star Punch in the game.

I mean... it's awesome we got the Super Punch Out KO-Punch mechanic.. But the Star Punch is iconic!
I hope at least one of Mac's uppercuts projects a star of light.
My thoughts EXACTLY.

Also, I could imagine these codecs playing out. There is hilarious potential.

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
This is what I want from Doc, too. He's always been there for Mac in each of his fights, so why should Smash Bros. be any different?

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
Vs. Sonic: "I bet you thought you were the fastest fighter out there huh? Well Sonic could run to Bronx and back before I could finish a chocolate bar! Just stay in his face and don't let him get his speed going."
Vs. Bowser: "This guy's got a gut the size of King Hippo and twice the appetite. Wait for an opening and then teach him to fly Mac!"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac vs. Rosalina: "Don't let this girl's beauty distract you Mac. Catch her while she's vulnerable, and let the fists fly!"

lodi77

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how to get the code to doc louis punchout?? I've searched everywhere. I know the game was a reward in 2009 but stilll would like to purchase/download. Thanks for any help! :?:

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Does anyone know how to get the code to doc louis punchout?? I've searched everywhere. I know the game was a reward in 2009 but stilll would like to purchase/download. Thanks for any help! :?:
I don't think this is the right place to ask..

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Little Mac vs Mega Man: Alright son, listen up, he might look like a wimp but don't underestimate him! Dodge his blasts and go in for the win!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Vs. Wii Fit Trainer: " I'm glad you took that fitness class with me, now show her what she gets for making me drink fitness drinks instead of eating my chocolate bars."

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Keep in mind Fox, Wolf and Falco all feature in each other's codecs - regardess of whether all or none of them are onstage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Little Mac vs. Mario: Hey, Mac baby. Mario is an all-around competitor with no major strengths or weaknesses. Simply give him your all out there son!

Little Mac vs. Bowser: Hey, Mac baby. Bowser is a beast with his brute force, but he's no speed king. Beat that Koopa King to the punch!

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
So we hear Doc talking throughout the entire Trailer.
But we hear some character specific things like "Punch his Armor off!" or "The Punch is mightier than the sword!"
Maybe he'll be a codec character like with Snake!
Or maybe he'll narrate the fight!
I was thinking he could be Little Macs voice. That'd be great. He can't talk too much though. One Little Mac with a narrating Doc would be fine. Four Little Macs with Doc yammering would be crazy annoying. "KNOCKHISARMORYOU'RENOTANAIRTHEFISTISMIGHTERTHENTHESWORPUNCH!PUNCH!PUNCH!"

Instead of Little Mac screaming his specials have Doc scream a short line. When Mac gets KO'd have Doc shout in anguish. Keep it short and it'll be really cool.
I think both of these would be hilarious. I want to see the "codec" thing come up where Doc would give us a little strategy on how to face your opponent and it would show up Punch-Out NES style with the opponent's face in the top right, and Doc and Mac's face in the bottom left with KOs and stats shown on either side. It would have to be small so it doesn't take away from the battle.

But Doc Louis as Mac's voice is genius. He could shout "star punch!" or what ever and indicate when Mac's meter is full. I also always thought it would be cool if Doc was watching on kind of like the Pokemon Trainer.
I can imagine Doc Louis making appearances on the victory screen, too.
I desperately want this to happen.
Shame there won't be an expansive adventure mode, if only because now we won't get a scene of Doc and Wii Fit Trainer exchanging training notes. Or Doc getting jealous when Mac takes some stretching tips from her.
Pokemon X Wii Fit X Little Mac Trainer

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Having Doc Louis speaking in the background like PT is a must have. That's what made the Punch-Out (wii version at least) so much fun.

"Seems like he's cradling that bottle Mac. You can't give the baby the bottle."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom