• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
So we hear Doc talking throughout the entire Trailer.
But we hear some character specific things like "Punch his Armor off!" or "The Punch is mightier than the sword!"
Maybe he'll be a codec character like with Snake!
Or maybe he'll narrate the fight!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I hope he just talks throughout the match without Little Mac having to taunt or something.

Last edited:
I was thinking he could be Little Macs voice. That'd be great. He can't talk too much though. One Little Mac with a narrating Doc would be fine. Four Little Macs with Doc yammering would be crazy annoying. "KNOCKHISARMORYOU'RENOTANAIRTHEFISTISMIGHTERTHENTHESWORPUNCH!PUNCH!PUNCH!"

Instead of Little Mac screaming his specials have Doc scream a short line. When Mac gets KO'd have Doc shout in anguish. Keep it short and it'll be really cool.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I think this means that he'll give Mac advice during the fight like "Stay out the air!" or "Weave and Bob!"
But I'm still hoping for the Codec Calls.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I want him in the background, shouting those things, like Pokemon Trainer.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I dont know... it might get repetitive/boring/annoying, so I think having him as a codec character might be better. Anyways Doc Louis rocks :)

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I hope he'll be a call on the boxing ring stage! I think narrating whenever Mac was there would be too much.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Given how we didn't actually see Doc in the gameplay, I think it's safe to say that he'll be a codec on the Smash Circuit.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would like Doc Lewis to be in the background like the Pokemon Trainer.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Doc Louis' words of wisdom were the best part of the video, next to the opening / ending.

I swear if we don't got Doc Louis talking in the game at all and it was solely for the purpose of this video I am going to-
*blubs of
death threats*

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Answer… probably? Whether that's due to racism or Africa being further away from Japan than… pretty much everywhere except Greenland, who knows? As Japanese culture really likes words like 'gaijin' probably just racism. At least as racist as my claims about Japan. Which are totally totally racist.

Pokemon Trainer can be black in X and Y?

Man I kinda now hope Doc Louis gets to be a character too. Or just narrates every round, whether Mac's in it or not, baby.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
MarthTrinity - MYM6 said:
-Doc Conversations-

Upon use of a Smash Taunt, Doc will have a little conversation with Mac about the current opponent he's fighting. If there's more than one, he'll pick a random opponent.

:mario2:: Mac, baby! This guy looks awfully familiar…you sure we haven’t seem him somewhere before? Anyway, hit him fast and dodge that jump punch!

:luigi2:: Mario’s little bro may not be as famous as his brother, but his fiery uppercut’s nasty! Don’t let him get too close, baby!

:peach:: Mac! Mario might get mad if you smack Peach around too much! Fireballs, baby! Fireballs!

:bowser2:: You’ve fought bigger, nastier guys than this overgrown turtle, Mac! Take him to the mat with some fast punches!

:dk2:: Him again?! Don’t let him make a monkey out of you Mac, dodge his punches and counterpunch!

:diddy:: For a chimp he’s got some quick moves! If he starts throwin’ banana peels, keep an eye on your footin’, baby!

:yoshi2:: This guy’s playin’ dirty Mac, baby! You’ve seen all kind’sa crazy stuff, but this guy’ll fightcha with his tongue! Stay sharp!

:warioc:: Mac, Wario likes lots of garlic; what do you think is better? Garlic, or chocolate? Hahahaha.

:link2:: A sword?! That’s just cheatin’! Mac, hit this sucka with an uppercut and don’t let him get back in the ring!

:zelda:: Well it’s normally not right to hit a girl, Mac…so I’m not sure what to tell you…

:shiek:: Normally it’s not right to hit a girl, Mac, but I’m pretty sure that princess changed into a guy! Take him…her…it…potato, whatever! Take ‘em to the mat Mac!

:ganondorf:: This guy makes Mr. Sandman look like a beansprout, Mac. But you know what they say, the bigger they are, the harder they hit! Wait, that’s not right…

:toonlink:: Didn’t you fight this guy already Mac, baby? Either way, jab, hook, counterattack, do what it takes to take this pipsqueak down!

:samus2:: Mac, baby! What do you think about me gettin’ one of those suits of armor? I think I’d look pretty good in one of those, baby!

:zerosuitsamus:: That robot had a lady inside of it? Now I've seen everything Mac, baby...

:pit:: Mac, baby! Don’t go hittin’ girls alright? Wait…That’s a guy! Change of strategy, Mac; beat him senseless!

:popo:: Two against one isn’t fair Mac! Even the odds with some smooth punches! You think they get hot in those parkas…?

:rob:: Mac, baby! You think robots like chocolate? I couldn’t imagine something that doesn’t like a good ol’ chocolate bar…

:kirby2:: Now this is my kinda guy, Mac, baby! Big, round, likes chocolate! We’d get along just fine!

:metaknight:: I’ve heard lots about this guy Mac, baby! Dirtiest character around! But you’ve got speed and strength to spare! Take this cheater down!

:dedede:: Well he’s big, and he never shuts his trap…but he’s nothin’ like King Hippo, baby! Treat him like that lug and you’ll be eating canvas!

:olimar:: What a wimp, Mac, baby! This guy sits around eatin’ chocolate bars while he gets somebody else to do all the fightin’! Show him what it means to work for once with some fancy footwork!

:fox:: Mac, baby! This guy’s a fast one! He’ll go to all kinds of crazy lengths to dodge your attacks! Remember to double tap R, or Z to…wait a second…

:falco:: Pizza? Cake? Bread? This bird’s makin’ me hungry Mac, baby! I might just take a little break for a quick chocolate bar…

:wolf:: Didn’t we alright take down this sucka, Mac? Either way, watch out! He’s got strength and speed to boot!

:falcon:: This guy’s got a killer straight Mac, baby! I once heard it blew up an entire galaxy…nah…what kind of punch could do that?!

:pikachu2:: Mac, baby! Watch where you’re punchin’! Slip up and you could be in for a shocking surprise! Get it? Hahahahaha!

:pt:: Look at this sucka watchin’ his friends fight! Be careful, Mac, three against one are odds I don’t like…!

:lucario:: Seems like this guy’s been goin’ through some crazy trainin’ of his own! All I know is he uses aura…so make his aura black and blue, Mac, baby!

:jigglypuff:: This puffball’s got a killer hook! Toast this marshmallow and we’ll be makin’ s’mores, Mac, baby!

:marth:: Alright Mac, show this pretty boy some real fightin’ skills alright? Some blows to that face of his oughta sort him out!

:ike:: He’s a powerhouse, Mac, baby, but he’s slow as molasses! Use your speed, baby! Use your speed!

:ness2:: He may be a little kid, but he’s got some nasty psychic voodoo goin’ on! Smack the taste outta his mouth and end the match quick Mac, baby!

:lucas:: This kid better get used to fightin’ folks bigger than him otherwise he won’t get anywhere, right Mac, baby?

:gw:: Watch out, Mac, baby! You’re fightin’ a livin’ chocolate man! Chocolate
doesn’t fight fair, so watch your back and punch hard!

:snake:: This guy’s armed to the teeth with weapons, baby! He’s also a master of stealth…fortunately, that doesn’t do much out here! Hit hard, baby!

:sonic:: He’s fast Mac, baby! But he’s not unstoppable! Hit hard and he’ll be picking glove out of his teeth for weeks!

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Doc could be an Assist Trophy that works like Mr. Resetti or Nintendog. Only he yells out one liners and advice and doesn't psychically, but verbally distract the fighters.

Or he could pull out a chocolate bar as part of it, and if somebody attack him during then he starts running around causing massive damage to everybody he comes in contact with.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll be totally shocked if he doesn't have "codecs" on the Smash Circuit stage. I don't see Sakurai missing that opportunity.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Doc being Mac's 'voice' makes a hell of a lot of sense, since Mac is a quiet character otherwise who does little more than grunt on occasion. I'm happy to see him implemented this way, though I do hope he shows up in person somewhere as well.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Doc being Mac's 'voice' makes a hell of a lot of sense, since Mac is a quiet character otherwise who does little more than grunt on occasion. I'm happy to see him implemented this way, though I do hope he shows up in person somewhere as well.
This is a really weird praise but I ADORE Mac's voice actor in Punch-Out!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
This is a really weird praise but I ADORE Mac's voice actor in Punch-Out!!
Yeah, he'll still be there to go "Yeah! Woo-hoo!" whenever he wins, which is great. Throw Doc into the mix, and it's like every match with Mac is a big high-stakes training montage.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really envision Doc Louis being a Codec character to be perfectly honest. I love the idea, and it makes sense. I just don't see it happening (arbitrarily). I do like the idea of Doc being the voice of Mac though, it is the impression I got from the trailer.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I don't really envision Doc Louis being a Codec character to be perfectly honest. I love the idea, and it makes sense. I just don't see it happening (arbitrarily). I do like the idea of Doc being the voice of Mac though, it is the impression I got from the trailer.
I would also love this, it's just a matter of having possibly 4 Macs on stage at once.

"Come on, baby!"
"Show 'em watch you got, baby!"
"You ain't no outfighter, Mac!"
"Watch out, baby!"

All at once.

PJSalt

Smash Rookie
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
I can imagine Doc Louis making appearances on the victory screen, too.

D

Deleted member

I am hoping for hilarious codecs on the Punch Out!! stage. Wouldn't the Doc spouting things out often in battle get annoying? Especially if there are 4 people playing as Little Mac? I would just love to hear Doc's comments about the fighters on the Punch Out!! stage… or throw in lines like "Join Club Nintendo today, Mac!" or "Now listen up son, I'ma tell you a secret. I looooove chocolate bars."

Also, I loved it when Doc said "Smash ain't no joke!" That made me smile!

Last edited by a moderator:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I hope he just talks throughout the match without Little Mac having to taunt or something.
I like Doc, but I think everyone would be very, VERY sick of him in no time if that happened.

Though, they could have Doc floating behind the stage on a platform, making him the "Pokemac Trainer"...

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I like Doc, but I think everyone would be very, VERY sick of him in no time if that happened.

Though, they could have Doc floating behind the stage on a platform, making him the "Pokemac Trainer"...
You should have the option to turn it off.

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
I know this would never happen
But I wish you'd be able to put on head phones and just hear Doc just give you tips. "C'mon Mac watch that spacing", "Use those fists". That would be so sick.

Morbi

Scavenger
I can imagine Doc Louis making appearances on the victory screen, too.
I never really contemplated that possibility, but that is most undoubtedly what will actually happen. Doc Louis was such a huge part of Little Mac's trailer, thus it would actually surprise me if that didn't entail something to the extent of a Codec. I suppose it would be annoying with 4 Doc Louis characters shouting at the player, unless they only enabled one Doc Louis per match (which is how I envisioned it).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Forget codecs and Mac's 'voice'. Why not put the humble champ somewhere we can always visit him? Make him the announcer/commentator on the Boxing Ring stage! He could have such a wealth of voice clips that it wouldn't become the same redundant lines over and over again. That, plus some character specific jives combined with his chocolate and baby mannerisms!

Gonna consult the author in me. Uh... I'll come back later.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Shame there won't be an expansive adventure mode, if only because now we won't get a scene of Doc and Wii Fit Trainer exchanging training notes. Or Doc getting jealous when Mac takes some stretching tips from her.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I really hope one of Mac's victory screens has him running behind Doc's bike. Oh man. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom