• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc edge guarding

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
Okay, there is this tournament my friend and I are attending tomorrow, and I am skillfully better, but the matches are always really close. I guess its because we've played eachother so much that we just know what the other is going to do. And I take this into account, but it always is the same match, well basicly. The hardest time I have against this Doctor Mario is edge guarding. His up B always hits me. ALWAYS. I'm looking for tips for when he's recovering, and when he's on the edge. I'm thinking while he's on the ledge, don't approach him. This is because he always uses the regular get-ups that you do when you press up, y, or whatever. I can just look at which he's using. But yeah, i can't edge guard for **** against him anymore. And what sucks is that he finally found out how to edge guard me :( Vids are welcome (and greatly appreciated)

GOTM

Smash Champion
when your egdehogging him, either drop and shine, or run off and shine him either right before or right after he downB's, if he has too.

make sure to roll getup if he upBing near the ledge so you dont get ledge spikd (i hate that).

when hes edguarding you, well...it kind of sucks. fox is really easy to edguard and doc is one of the best. his bair gimps like crazy and is really easy to hit fox with if hes a decent player. illusion as soon as possible if you can sweet spot it, and if not....do everything possible to go as high as possible over him, so if he does bair, you still can illusion, and if he tries to cape you should be able to DI enough to get back to the stage anyway (sometimes he might wait and fsmash when you do that though...ugh).

but yea, docs tough...and very gimpy...try to gimp him and keep towards the middle of the stage....dont get grabbed a lot either.

takieddine

Smash Master
edgehog always.

use the invincibility form the edge to get free shinespikes (when he stalls with tornado near the edge). and edge roll if all he has left is his up-b.

its always stupid to challenge doc's up-b.

technomancer

Smash Champion
No, ten characters

in addition to the required characters, priority is entirely based on the size and location of the hitbox, and on the speed of the attacks (obviously whoever hits first wins), and then on who is player 1.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
crouch cancel his up b to Shine if you're at a good percent - situational.

if not, grab edge, wait for him to come, he won't sweet spot if you have the edge, so just press up, then attack.

KrnMint_00v

Smash Cadet
No, ten characters

in addition to the required characters, priority is entirely based on the size and location of the hitbox, and on the speed of the attacks (obviously whoever hits first wins), and then on who is player 1.
oh. so it has to be pretty frame perfect. i guess just stick to shine spiking before the ^B.

takieddine

Smash Master
crouch cancel his up b to Shine if you're at a good percent - situational.

if not, grab edge, wait for him to come, he won't sweet spot if you have the edge, so just press up, then attack.
You may be able to CC the first couple of hits from the up B, but never the final blow. just edge hog him and abuse the lag he gets from landing, its quite simple really.

Top Bottom