• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc dropping (technique with video)

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
Lol you can taunt while gimping, doc just got cooler.

Both of these look simple and really useful especially with doc. I'll have to try them out thanks.

melon

Smash Cadet
Isn't this the same thing as lean dropping or w/e...just with a taunt? Seems neat I suppose
Pretty much, and practically speaking, I prefer lean dropping. The reason some people might prefer this one is that, with lean dropping, the timing has to be a little more precise, and if you mess it up (e.g. by entering the sliding animation or stopping the run too late) you could potentially SD, which isn't as much of a risk with doc dropping.

This actually doesn't matter that much once you actually learn how to lean drop though, especially since Dr Mario is one of the easiest characters to lean drop with. I actually find lean dropping a little easier (others may find it harder), and it's a bit faster. I still like to doc drop though, since taunt cancel -> edgehog or kill is hilarious.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Props melon. I never knew about this and I thought I knew just about everything about Doc. I knew about the taunt-cancel but never saw any practicality for using it besides showing off. This is really good.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you're still just using it to show off smashmac lol

I would taunt cancel so much more if the dpad wasnt so far away from all the buttons

Top Bottom