• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

doc chain grab questions

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
Sorry to ask this but i'm trying to improve both my friend's (doc) chaingrab and my foxes reaction to it at the same time.

So first of all..i can shine out as fox at around 50% if i don't dI the throw correct? though i rarely get it before 60..guess i'm bad at timing it..anyways the problem is that if he upsmashes as i come down instead of regrabbing i will be holding down for the shine meaning my di will miss for the upsmash..meaning an easy follow up to kill..so should i just give up attempting to shine and try to jump out instead?

i assume my friend is normally better off using an upair to smash instead of upsmash at 50 though.

also...if i continue DIing left or right after 50 is he supposed to be able to regrab longer? i thought i read this was so but i think the guide says dash grab..that doesn't seem to work though.. i'm wondering why the dash grab always seems to miss...am i doing it too early so that it halts my dash momentum?

finally, questions for me....

1. If i waveshine and doc doesn't di does it need to be a perfect waveshine to get the upsmash afterwards?

2. if doc does di the shine away will a perfect waveshine follow up at all?

more thoughts:

i never see any videos in which a doc seems to dash grab for the chain grab..i'm guessing the guide is wrong...

2nd i never see anyone continuing to try to regrab past 50. so i'm guessing you should upair to regrab or upair chain to finish

also..i should mention to kyle that uptilt seems to be a decent edgeguard..it hangs out a long time..i'm not sure though how it differs from ftilt in its use for edgeguarding fox...wouldn't ftilt be better?

also what does dair for doc combo into? can it compete with upair or nair in priority? i noticed if you hit with it in the air you can upair or nair sometimes with doc...but is dair to grab useful?

Top Bottom