• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do You Want To Play Some Falcon? by MikeHaze

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
It's been a good while since top Melee veteran @Hax made the switch from Captain Falcon to Fox, which notably began a movement known as 20XX. The movement called for pushing Fox to his full potential, with Hax leading the charge. In addition to this, a counter-movement, 20GX, was launched by Florida players @Gahtzu, @gravy, and @Wizzrobe to push Captain Falcon to his fullest potential. Many still feel that Hax should come back to Captain Falcon, but he has been adamant about sticking with Fox despite hand issues which required surgery. Now @mikeHAZE has crafted a video to the tune of Frozen's "Do You Want To Build A Snowman?" sung from the perspective of Captain Falcon himself begging for Hax to play him.

Do you think the video will move Hax to give Captain Falcon another tournament run, or are those days long behind us? Has Hax made the full switch to a Fox main?

I think it's been pretty clear for a while that Hax is a Fox main through and through, but he'd definitely do some damage with Captain Falcon in a tournament. Follow me on Twitter @XiiviZV and we can discuss this, Frozen, and more! -Xiivi

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Uhh, I like the idea of this and i think its pretty funny but you shouldn't ask a guy to just change his main xD.

If I'm wrong then I want to start a petition for Zero to play as Ganandorf for awhile...

Last edited:

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
All that song moves me to do is throw up, so it probably wont affect Hax too differently.

Wintry

Smash Cadet
Hax Falcon was so godlike, I can't see anyone surpassing him in his heyday ever again.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Hax can play as whoever he wants, but I can't say I'm not missing Falcon in Melee tournaments!
Also, the song should be by Michael Jackson. #BadJokes

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well I understand Hax's reasoning though.

He wants to win, and to be able to fullfill this objetcive he switched to the best character in the game.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
That ending got a little bit of feels for me D:

If the year becomes 20XX and literally everyone uses Fox, then I won't be surprised if less people watch it.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Hax Falcon was so godlike, I can't see anyone surpassing him in his heyday ever again.
If Mang0 switches, then just maybe...

If the year becomes 20XX and literally everyone uses Fox, then I won't be surprised if less people watch it.
There will never be a time that everyone will use fox as long as I'm alive and playing.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hax won't go back to playing Falcon just because Mike Haze made an awesome feely video.
"**** that character" - Hax$ on Falcon.

JuanTendo

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb-juantendo
3DS FC
2750-1216-1018
Switch FC
SW 3345 4602 0138
I can understand Hax is trying to make a living out of this, and for that you might think you need more than fifth places. your Falcon is godlike man. Changing your main for a top tier cause YOU think that Falcon doesn't have any more potential is your decision. as a Pikachu main ive seen the character pass from a state of "that character will never win a major" to suddenly been a matter of time ;)
imho Hax. You should go back to the character you likes the most. also didn't appreciate mang0 trying to make some sort of a statement when he is nowhere near his past "mains"

J.P

Smash Journeyman
NNID
3DS FC
2466-2692-8715
The year is 20XX people are still making parodies of Frozen's themes.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Uhh, I like the idea of this and i think its pretty funny but you shouldn't ask a guy to just change his main xD.

If I'm wrong then I want to start a petition for Zero to play as Ganandorf for awhile...
Tbh, Zero would probably do it just for the hell of it. Against players who aren't at the top anyway.

Ironf1st

Smash Rookie
ok so

To all the people who think that mike haze made this video with the intent of actually getting hax to play falcon, hax made up his mind a while ago, and mike haze knows this. The video is satire. Now in regards to the video itself...

To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan of frozen's soundtrack in the first place, it's neither good nor bad, but holy **** mike haze this video is ****ing godlike. If parodying songs becomes the new standard for combo vids, if this is the standard, I might be ok with this. idk. good stuff to mike haze, anyways.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
MORE PEOPLE HAVE STOPPED PLAYING FALCON?!? HOW DARE THEY!!! THEY SHALL BURN ALL OF THEM FELLOW FALCONS - ALL OF THEM :falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee::falconmelee: TIER LISTS SHALL BE DESTROYED

Sieghart

Smash Apprentice
I can understand Hax is trying to make a living out of this, and for that you might think you need more than fifth places. your Falcon is godlike man. Changing your main for a top tier cause YOU think that Falcon doesn't have any more potential is your decision. as a Pikachu main ive seen the character pass from a state of "that character will never win a major" to suddenly been a matter of time ;)
imho Hax. You should go back to the character you likes the most. also didn't appreciate mang0 trying to make some sort of a statement when he is nowhere near his past "mains"
People are often mistaken about this. While Falcon weaknesses were undoubtedly a very large factor in the switch, the main reason was that Fox is a much better character to play the way Hax likes to play. Hax himself said that playing Fox allows him to push the game in ways he's always wanted to but never could with Falcon. Also, despite some of his comments he does still play falcon on occasion and in friendlies vs. Mango and S2J. He's also stated that he's not against secondary Falcon once his Fox is on lock as well as that he sincerely thinks his Falcon would look completely different and be infinitely better if and when he seriously goes back to it.

PurpleDolphin

Smash Rookie
If Mang0 switches, then just maybe...

There will never be a time that everyone will use fox as long as I'm alive and playing.
The closest Im EVER getting to fox is a pocket falco...because dair combos are fun :D
Well, as a main I mean. Shine spikes are also fun

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Because he believes anything Falcon can do, Fox can do better and with a shine
I have yet to see a Fox use the Knee of Justice. :falconmelee:

And my post was more of a rhetorical question than an actual question.

Last edited:
Top Bottom