• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you want Melee HD? There might be a chance.

D

Deleted member

No if they remaster it they will change more than the grafics
With Twilight Princess, it's still pretty much the same game just with new features and new graphics. Remaster doesn't mean you are modifying the balance or anything, it just means releasing something in higher quality, and for games, it generally means high res textures, adding HD support and higher quality audio files, etc.

Ed94

Smash Apprentice
Nope. My melee looks more HD than anything they can deliver on dolphin running fluid as hell on my 144hz monitor with custom textures for chars and ui, with 1440p upscaling and 2xmsaa anti-aliasing. If they do it they're going to 100% want to mess with it if they can even get passed Sakurai.

D

Deleted member

Nope. My melee looks more HD than anything they can deliver on dolphin running fluid as hell on my 144hz monitor with custom textures for chars and ui, with 1440p upscaling and 2xmsaa anti-aliasing. If they do it they're going to 100% want to mess with it if they can even get passed Sakurai.
In the event they did alter the sacred balance of Fox's Shine, Marth's Up Throw, and Kirby's Back throw, what would that really do to the people who dislike altering the balance by having a newer release? I mean, people will still play the Gamecube version, so why not have a more modern version?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
In the event they did alter the sacred balance of Fox's Shine, Marth's Up Throw, and Kirby's Back throw, what would that really do to the people who dislike altering the balance by having a newer release? I mean, people will still play the Gamecube version, so why not have a more modern version?
Because Nintendo making a new version of the game, they would want us to showcase it. What message does it send potential customers if the die hards refuse to play the fancy new release? Maybe that something is wrong with it and thus, they won't bother spending the money. Knowing this, if balance changes are made, Nintendo would likely force the competitive scene to use the new version in order to boost sales.

Top Bottom