• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you want “The 50 Fact Extravaganza” to return as the last Direct?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Whether or not we get an all Smash Direct again or if the next wave of Smash information is shared via Nintendo Fall Direct. I think it’s safe to say we’ll get atleast one more all Smash Direct right before the game launches.

The question is, should they make the last Direct the return of The 50 Fact Extravaganza? If so do you picture Xander Mobus hosting again or maybe have it hosted by Sakurai/His translater this time around? Dare I say do we have both sides co-host? I’m torn because as much as I enjoy Xander’s work and IMO he adds a lot of much needed personality to the franchise. I would even like him to be the Smash announcer for now on. However I believe Sakurai has put together 2 amazing presentations this year. The E3 and 8/8 Direct might even have to be considered the best directs Nintendo has ever done in terms of information given, how it’s presented and most importantly its pacing. What’s your thoughts on The 50 Fact Extravaganza and who should host this beast of a Direct?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Yes just so Xander Mobus gets to ham up about buttons again.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
AB. SO. LUTELY!

I was reasonably bummed for Sm4sh after the ESRB leak, and the 50-fact extravaganza was what built my hype right back up.

Not to mention we'll still have characters to reveal, modes to reveal, and possibly even a Mewtwo-esque DLC tease.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Another 50-Fact Extravaganza would be awesome.

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Sakurai said all the characters will be revealed before launch. This would be a great way to get the last couple out.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It was so well done and hype, hope hey do it for Ultimate.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Last one was really fun, I wouldn't object a new one.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Yes, that'd be awesome! I loved the rapid-fire style of the first one. I do hope Sakurai makes an appearance though.

Zyphyris

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bri-ex
3DS FC
0001-4098-4797
Switch FC
SW-8496-2727-8390
Showing the Ultimate mural at the end with the final characters added and ending on Xander screaming "EVERYONE IS HERE!" in the most spine-chilling way possible would be the perfect way to conclude the last direct.

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Here's a thunk,
Direct starts, "today we're here for a 50 fact extravaganza, but we know that smash fans always want more than we promise, so we doubled the number of facts"
I would personally strangle anyone who complains about this game if this happens

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
...As long as Xander doesn't do the voice overs, yes :p
if that's not the case, than regular Directs will hit better with me

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really don't mind it at all. It'd be nice to gain even more knowledge and fun facts like last time, especially with how much expansion this game will be compared to s4.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The last Direct will probably talk about the secret mode. Must be something really special to hide it. Ithink the 50 Facts Extravaganza was a result of them not having a major reveal, so they opted to have had a lot of little things to talk about. Remember, Smash for the Wii U barely had anything in regards to extra modes and features outside of Master/Crazy Orders and that terrible Smash Tour. What else could they talk about?

This time, however, is different.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The 50 Fact Extravaganza could defiantly be a recap of what all has been seen in previous directs plus a few more minor details. I would actually hope to see a 100 Fact Extravaganza over a 50 Fact Extravaganza with all that has changed so far.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'd definitely love another one of these, but I wonder whether it actually will happen? Given the amount of things in this game, I could definitely see them filling a 100 Fact instead. Even if they don't give us something like this though, it's not going to bring down on my enjoyment of this game.

Showing the Ultimate mural at the end with the final characters added and ending on Xander screaming "EVERYONE IS HERE!" in the most spine-chilling way possible would be the perfect way to conclude the last direct.
Indeed.

Anyways, yeah, I would definetly not object to a new 50-Fact Extravangza. Xander is such a soothing presence.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Only if they get Xander Mobus to narrate it like last time.
Speaking of Xander and considering the fact that he was the narrator of Smash 4! I think it would still be awesome if we got the option to have some unlock-able narrators for Super Smash Bros Ultimate (My Top Choices Would Be Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, and either Wizard Or Boomstick (From The Screwattack Series "Death Battle")!

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Speaking of Xander and considering the fact that he was the narrator of Smash 4! I think it would still be awesome if we got the option to have some unlock-able narrators for Super Smash Bros Ultimate (My Top Choices Would Be Will Smith, Morgan Freeman, and either Wizard Or Boomstick (From The Screwattack Series "Death Battle")!
Jeff Manning, Dean Harrington, and Pat Cashman would be good picks for unlockable narrators.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
The 50 Fact Extravaganza was a great way to hype people up while organizing together all the information we were seeing. I'd be totally on board with a new one for Ultimate, whether it'd be 50 facts or more than that. Even if the number was somehow lower, I'd still be pretty excited.
As long as it's not, like, a 1 Fact Extravaganza.

I like Xander Mobus and Sakurai/his translator about equally when they announce things, so either one (or both, especially) would not get any complaints from me.

D

Deleted member

Absolutely. That was an amazing direct and I would be unbelievebly excited if Nintendo did it again.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
By the time we get there, there's not gonna be 50 facts left to reveal. The two directs we got have already revealed, like, 50 things.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
By the time we get there, there's not gonna be 50 facts left to reveal. The two directs we got have already revealed, like, 50 things.
Seeing how we’ve only had an Isabelle reveal in September and a quiet October. November is good possibility for a 50 fact extravaganza. There are still a ton of details (big and small) that we don’t know about. At the very least, I’m sure they could provide 50.

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, the format was fun but it felt like there was a lot of filler.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
No. I do not like Xanders. So I do not need a presantation with him. Unfortunately Nintendo Germany would take his clip and make subs. I prefer Japanese with sub or German dub.
But not that crap NoA made by the e3 with this translator.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Dear god, I remember how hyped I was when I was watching the 50 Extravaganza. 8-Player Smash(Easily one of the best moments in the Direct and was the most mind-blowing thing ever), The amount of music in the game, Stages etc.
It even made Smash Tour look cool!
It wasn't
And my god that DLC reveal for Mewtwo. That was the stuff.
I doubt we'll get something as big this time since most of the stuff has been revealed already, but I would still be up for it.
ESPECIALLY if there's a DLC announcement.

AIM0001

Smash Lord

It's something.
Ya I’m really glad they let him to a video even if it was just a simple introduction to Smash Ultimate. They should let him do DLC stage, music, and character moveset breakdown videos. That would be so dope!

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I want a new surprise direct with more reveals, dont need to be a 50 fact extravaganza.

Top Bottom