• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Do You Use The C-stick?

Anarchaotic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-9111-0391
Asking around, I'm curious to see how people with the N3DS are using this thing. I barely touch it because the positioning makes it take just a tad too long for me to flick my finger up and find my old position as opposed to just inputing a quick smash with the circle pad. Maybe I need to change my controls or something?

Pretty Princess

Smash Cadet
NNID
lordgooomy
3DS FC
0559-7269-5928
What does the c-stick do by default on the N3DS? Is it for Smash attacks (and aerials)?

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
I've never liked using the c-stick in any of the Smash games, but I have tried it. I mean, I got the New 3DS, I might as well try it, right? It seems like it works just fine, but I'd still rather not use it.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It's way too out of place for me. I do use it to do Up-smashes once in a while.

JaegerFish

Smash Rookie
I was surpised at how reponsive it was so I`ve started using it more; it's good for getting out quick smashes and doing aerials in different directions than the way you're going (like jumping back and using a forward air). Plus it saves some wear and tear on the circle pad so that helps.

link2702

Smash Champion
tried to a few times for the N3DS, just felt too awkward. Planned on using it for things like Fsmashing people while holding throwing items, much like is possible(and far easier) on the wii U using a gcn remote due to its position on the controller. But with the 3dS, and the wii U gamepad, the second analog stick is just in such an awkward position to make use of this that I end up not even bothering anymore.

wish It was in a better spot cuz I'd definitely use it more on 3DS, as it catches opponents off guard, and can frustrate diddy, megaman and rob players cuz they can't spawn their item again until I let go of their first one.

TheRealBlueBlur

Smash Apprentice
I never used the C-stick ever since Melee. It just feels like an alternate, awkward way of performing smashes, not unlike the Shake Smash in Brawl. I don't have a N3DS, but if I did, I definitely wouldn't be using that ridiculously small nub.

Neldy09

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3883-7038-5930
I would have to say that I only find myself using the C-stick in limited situations. Because I've not fully gotten to the point where it feels natural in my muscle memory, it seems to only happen when I need a clutch smash attack. It's always a very deliberate action for me (usually to punish against faster, run-down opponents). I don't seem to use it for my air game (yet?). I would welcome tilt assign options.

Kornaki

Smash Cadet
On the old 3ds I had B as my jump button, which is inconvenient for doing aerials (Y is grab). I'm considering switching it up just to make aerials easier to do.

The stick itself is surprisingly effective, at first I found it hard to do smash attacks because they seemed laggy, but then I realized it wsa only because I was charging them up for so long before letting go of the stick. You really do have to just tap it.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
I tend to use it for punishing attacks but only if I'm know for a fact it's gonna hit.use it also for aerials namely for f air and u air.

Wattz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sarcasticgengar
3DS FC
5412-9971-3818
I use it as a quick way to throw out smash attacks and aerials

Last edited:

Gold Zero

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrezDlog
3DS FC
4441-8406-8476
Everyone finds it weird that I play w/out relying on C-Sticks. It's mostly because my GC controllers are old and borked, so I just adapted to inputting smashes normally. If I get a New 3DS, I probably won't use it too much.

Captain Chrom

Smash Rookie
NNID
Alex
3DS FC
0361-6612-9078
I have many friends who don't use their c-stick when they have access to it on the Wii-U version of the game. In my opinion,
the c-stick is an invaluable piece of hardware.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Everyone finds it weird that I play w/out relying on C-Sticks. It's mostly because my GC controllers are old and borked, so I just adapted to inputting smashes normally. If I get a New 3DS, I probably won't use it too much.
CStick isn't really... used for the smashes.
Its used because it allows you to do AT's easier and retreating aerials (FAir while going backwards)

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
Yes, I use the C-Stick, and I wish I used it more. I use it for both aerials and for smashes.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I use it on the Gamecube controller in Wii U.
On my N3DS...not so much. It's pretty...awkward. Not even that good.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
All the time. It helps me in doing smashes and tilts and not getting them mixed up by being overly aggressive with the pad. It's also great for doing Bairs while moving forward.

Gold Zero

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrezDlog
3DS FC
4441-8406-8476
CStick isn't really... used for the smashes.
Its used because it allows you to do AT's easier and retreating aerials (FAir while going backwards)
Just had a few matches on a New 3DS. While doing aerials in crazy directions is cool (especially for people like :4falcon:and:4megaman:), I'm just not a fan of the stick itself. It felt too stiff and a little awkward for me to reach.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I use it for aerials, i just really wish you could map it and the zr zl buttons.

Top Bottom