• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think that Palutena is overpowered?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I highly doubt it; again, it is utterly obvious that one must actually play the character extensively to objectively know whether or not they are over-powered. But in the case of Palutena, I am already able to observe some detrimental aspects of her character. She seems to predominately zone, so her close range options are going to be limited, similarly to Samus (or Link to an extent). It seem as though her mobility is attenuated unless you utilize a special. I am not sure to be honest, we shall see.
Are you a bot Morbid? How do you manage to like every single comment made on every thread at the same time without fail?

On topic, I don't know why we're wasting out time with Palutena being overpowered when we have a number of other OP problems such as Samus, Marth, Fox, Greninja, Zelda, Sheik, Luigi, Mario, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii Fighter, Chorus Men, Klaptrap, That giant pink thing on New Pork City, Waluigi, Pink Gold Peach, Master Chief, Augustus Cole, Obama, Gary Busey, Mr. Resetti, The Cuccos, Julius Caesar, Captain Ganon Falcon, Gordon Ramsay, Palkia, Jody Foster, MorbidAltruism, FalKoopa, Ultinarok, Sephiroth and Peligrin. We should be on their respective overpowered threads discussing their balance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We say this about every newcomer. The only newcomer that even comes close to being high tier is Greninja, and the guy we all thought was the most powerful, Little Mac, ended up being somewhat below average in practice. Once the game comes out we'll be able to judge if she's OP or not. Though I will say Heavenly Light looks pretty powerful.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still think Heavenly Light will become a anti small projectile defense move, like protect against Bob-ombs and all. I'll be sad if people underrate it. For me, I like to try to make every move useful somehow being the experimental type from time to time.

Top Bottom