• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think gunner use will increase with megaman costumes?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I maintain that the main reason gunners are so low on the tier list is because nobody has bothered to experiment with them...heck, only one or two people bothered with brawler. But with everyone getting excited about the opportunity to make X and Protoman, I think it might change. How about y'all?

P.s. Really excited to see 3122 as a set on the Evo list, I totally pwn with those specials in particular :)

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Possibly but who knows.

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I'm literally on this forum just because of the costumes, not that I didn't like Gunner before but the costumes totally sold me <3

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I had a casual enjoyment of Gunner's moveset and abilities before this but now I'm picking them up as a secondary solely because of the Proto Man alt costume.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
While I won't be taking them to tournaments - even as secondaries - I will be using Mii Gunner more at home just for the Proto Man costume.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
I picked up Gunner like 2/3 weeks ago. I test her and liked her a lot, but not as a main or even secondary character.
Now with the Proto Man costume I'll defenetly try to make her a secondary!!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I had a casual enjoyment of Gunner's moveset and abilities before this but now I'm picking them up as a secondary solely because of the Proto Man alt costume.
Same. I had my personal Mii as Gunner (since I'm a spammy mutha who mains Mega Man and Ness) but now I'm legit putting in some time with Gunner.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Miis could be getting a lot more character-based costumes. It seems like it could be a handy way for them to "add" requested characters who couldn't quite make it as playable.

The ultimate troll would be if they managed to add a golden afro and orange gi for Brawlers.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
If anyone wants to use a Proto Man Mii, I uploaded one to the 3DS share feature. Search for Austria (not Australia) for Country and Gunner for Type.
You might be able to get him without having to pay for the DLC.

EDIT: Found out that it will remove the DLC equipment upon download. How unfortunate.

Last edited:

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
If anyone wants to use a Proto Man Mii, I uploaded one to the 3DS share feature. Search for Austria (not Australia) for Country and Gunner for Type.
You might be able to get him without having to pay for the DLC.

EDIT: Found out that it will remove the DLC equipment upon download. How unfortunate.
I just downloaded your dude. Did you give him stats and moves that you think fit his character? (I know very little about Proto Man)

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
As someone who loves Proto man(actually wanted him just as much as mega) and mains Samus this a no brainer. I can carry over my Samus Knowlege and combine it with a more preferred character. ^.^ I'm glad to join you guys and hope I'm able to rep this character well for you.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
What made me buy Proto Man armor is the fact of how well it resembles Proto Man. Like, it doesn't look like a mii but more of an actual fighter for smash.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
(I feel slightly bad for not actually contributing to the topic in my earlier post.)

Personally, I don't care too much about the Mega Man costumes but I got them because, well, the more characters the merrier. I play Mii Gunner a lot anyway because the mage's robe lets you make a pretty convincing Soren from Fire Emblem. All that said, it does seem like some dudes above ^ have already picked Gunner up due to the new costumes, so...yes. I do think Gunner use will increase with Mega Man costumes.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I started practicing my gunner because of the Proto Man costume. I'm personally hoping for a Volnutt costume in the future, but yeah, the costumes definitely influenced my decision. Gunner was already my favorite Mii, though.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I just downloaded your dude. Did you give him stats and moves that you think fit his character? (I know very little about Proto Man)
Yes, actually. He's got negative defense because in most games he's playable he takes double damage (probably because of his faulty core), but also does more damage.
I also felt all the standard Gunner moves fit him best (Reflector is a must, since he has a shield).

Overall Gunners moveset feels very Proto Man. I'm definitly using him more now.

mega4000

Smash Journeyman
if it wasn't for megaman x and protoman costumes, I would never have played this character. Seriously, without this costumes I would forgett about the character.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Same here, I tried Gunner and just didn't really care. Now that I have the ProtoMan oufit I'm inspired to use gunner a lot. Never even played Megaman, Protoman just seems that cool.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
The costumes definitely sold me on the Mii Gunner. Barely used him/her/it until the costumes were released.

Now I can play as X ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Honestly, I don't know. But personally, if it doesn't for you, chances are, the Inkling costume would do it.

Top Bottom