• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

do you think dracula's castle hazards off will be legal in competitive

nutbutter

Smash Rookie
do you think dracula's castle hazards off will be legal in competitive. i think it will

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I believe there's enough of a wall on the left side of the stage that probably will get it banned.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think it'd depend on how easy it is to tech the small floor indents as pseudo-Caves of Life, and how close the stairs are to the blast zone.

I'd absolutely love for it to be legal, but it's probably gonna be banned.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I don't think anything interesting was ever legal in tournaments.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Do we have info on all the boss monsters that appear in this and what they do? I'd like to know what Carmilla and even Medusa do.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
He said with the hazards off. Learn to read dude.
Whoops. No need to be so disrespectful.
Though at the same time I agree it seems there's a lot of walls, SDI/teching will become a huge issue if someone gets launched into it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I don't think anything interesting was ever legal in tournaments.
PokeFloats was legal for the longest time in Melee up until Fox's circle camping shenanigans ruined the fun for everyone.

Banned, it's got stage bosses.
Hazards off is a different ballgame.
Also I may be remembering wrong but someone said from a play session they confirmed the stage Bosses work akin to Inspired and Fortitudo on the Umbra Clock Tower stage in that they just pop up but don't interfere(gonna need a match vid to confirm that.)

zerossoul

Smash Rookie
I think Dracula's Castle (hazards off) will be legal as a counter pick only. Depends on the meta and whether or not infinites against a wall are a thing.

Untouch

Smash Master
The walls won't be a problem, they're short walls.
The real issue will the stairs, testing will be required to see if camping on the stairs is viable.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Hopefully yes. With hazards off, there are no bosses and no candelabras to drop items. (Also, of course, no items in the first place.) The walls are shorter than everyone except, like, Kirby, so they shouldn't be a problem unless you're launching at perfect 0 degree angles. Neither side of the stage is a walkoff.

The only question mark is whether or not camping the stairs is a win condition, similar to the rock on Kongo Falls, which we can't know without experience. Unless we can definitively answer it with "yes," I think Dracula's Castle should be legal.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Rationally, maybe, but seeing as how nitpicking a decent chunk of the competitive community is, I'm gonna say no.

Top Bottom