• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you pick a character for one certain move?

2Sko

Smash Cadet
I have a friend that went for characters with chaingrab to second just for the chaingrab...You know who you are...

I just wanted to know if anybody else does that, and did it work out for you.. :dizzy:

Just tell me which character, and what move (technical move)...

Thanks!

xTrav8

Smash Cadet
The only reason I play Meta Knight is because of that Dsmash...

and Shuttle Loop...

and that 'Nado.

bow master1

Smash Apprentice
never have.i feel using the characters entire arsenal is a lot more effective.

highfive

Smash Lord
When it's for the LULZ I use Captain Falcon for his punch. When it's not I've never picked someone for just one sole move.

Hi-C

Smash Rookie
Goof matches = Ganon. I Ganoncide ASAP and Up-B (hug) as much as possible.

But I main Oli now, and all my friends thinks he sucks. Till I start grabbing and smashing them. xD

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I think poeple would main a character for a certain quality, not just a move. This is probably why typical people hate Metaknight users. Because it seems that they only use a maximum of three, occasionally four moves; Tornado, Dsmash, Shuttle Loop, maybe Nair or Ftilt. But those are the scrubs that just want to win.

I like characters with a reliable projectile, so I like using Olimar and TLink. But not just because they have good projectiles. They have other strategies to use besides projectile spam, like aerial game (TLink), very fun tech chasing (Olimar), and range (both).

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
Anybody with a meteor smash. I am a meteor smash *****. If they can spike, I know how to use them (except mario....i just dont like mario for some reason).

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I only play as C. Falcon for his knee and Punch (I don't main him, just when I'm having fun I choose him specifically for those two moves)

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Not for one move, no. Definitely for one general quality. Marth doesn't have any single exceptional move for me to want, but his fast swordplay and solid attack followups make me really like him.

Samus has good projectiles, so you could say I pick her for them, although I tend to focus more on using them to approach and then using her ground comboability(Which is only OK, but I like the way it works).

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think a lot of characters would suck without specific moves, but there isn't one move that makes me want to play a character. Well, excluding falcon pawnching.

Tmathh

Smash Rookie
Falcos chain grab and dair spike are awesome...plus he has a gun nuff said

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, many times.

I mained Lucas for his Up-Smash and PK fire way back in April '08. My current main, ROB, was mained just for his crazy Forward Air.

I'm actually so devoted to maining characters for one move, I usually drop them if I can't use that move much at all anymore. Once the U Smash kills stopped rolling in, Lucas fell behind and eventually walked off...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh yes, many times.

I mained Lucas for his Up-Smash and PK fire way back in April '08. My current main, ROB, was mained just for his crazy Forward Air.

I'm actually so devoted to maining characters for one move, I usually drop them if I can't use that move much at all anymore. Once the U Smash kills stopped rolling out, Lucas fell behind and eventually walked off...
Cool story.

I main Captain Falcon because of his Fair, too.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
When I first began Smash, I picked up two characters because they seemed fast to me - Marth and Sheik. Though, I have long since dropped Sheik, I still like Marth's fast mobility. But I don't play him for just that reason; I like everything about him. :)

ash1986

Smash Rookie
I pick Kirby from the start but I know a few people do this.

example 1: a friend named Tom picks Pikachu for Thunder

other reasons for picking charictors coz of your a fan of their games; my friend Ryan picks Sonic coz he loves all the Sonic games and my bro picks Samus for the same reason!

I loved Kirby as a charictor coz his taunts always make me smile, may sound mad but next time you feel down, play smash bros, pick Kirby and down the down taunt! Trust it works!

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I picked up on Snake just so I could dash-attack cancel with him lol!

Top Bottom