• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you love how Palutena presents herself in Smash Bros 4!?

Do you like her attitude in smash 4.

• Yes! She serving diva Realness and is so fierce!

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • No. I don't like her serious expression.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Yay more girls in smash is always welcomed!

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • Link is stronger then Pit.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Where is Ridley!? Sakurai!!!

Votes: 24 16.4%

• Total voters

UltimateWario

Smash Master
She doesn't strike me as particularly interesting, but I don't really like the character.

Her writing was horrible, though.

IronFish

Smash Ace
I was one of the people who wasn't that big on Palutena being playable, but I have to say I like how they showed off her and Pit's personalities.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
Since there was no "The writing was the biggest piece of garbage this side of Other M" choice, I did the best I could and took the Ridley option. Seriously, that level of craptastic "dialogue" soured my opinion of her.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
She is great in the game, but I found the fanservice in her reveal trailer extremely cringe worthy. I can't be helped, since it was animated by SHAFT and the studio is known for tons of fanservice in their animes (like Bakemonogatari). Oh well, it doesn't really matter much, it is just a trailer, after all. And it doesn't even compare to the absurd amount of fanservice over Zero Suit Samus.

I do hope there is always to turn off her dialogue during battles. It might get annoying after some time ._.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wow, all the hate. I loved the presentation. Her glee while announcing moves in particular.

Also, the dialogue itself aligns pretty well with her interactions with Pit. She trolls him a lot and boasts about her power, while still showing humility; I expected a Smash reveal trailer to abuse that, and I was correct.
Because yea, she boasted but then closed with an acknowledgement of how powerful the cast is and how she won't hold back.

Love every single line and will probably will be quoting her frequently now.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Since there was no "The writing was the biggest piece of garbage this side of Other M" choice, I did the best I could and took the Ridley option. Seriously, that level of craptastic "dialogue" soured my opinion of her.
I take it you didn't like Uprising.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
The dialogue in Uprising was intentionally written to be very Saturday morning cartoon with a lot of fourth wall breaking, random dialogue conversations and cheesier humor. It's not really a bad thing, it is very different from what a lot of people are used to, I honestly think it's amusing and charming in it's own was and Uprising I think would have lost quite a bit without it. It's kind of hard for me to be too hard on the writing when the intention of the writing is to not take itself all that seriously at all.

Palutena in Uprising was heavily defined in personality this way that she doesn't speak like what you expect of a Goddess and tends to delve off into silly conversations and is just kind of a lovable dork who happens be a powerful goddess. I can definitely understand it's a selectively taste as as a general trailer that might annoy some people, but it represents the character well enough.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I never played. Good to know I didn't miss out on anything.
Sounds like an informed opinion. Good to know.

She talks alot, in-game, but not too much, and never in that same capacity. I'm fairly sure that was just an artsy way of giving her moves names.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't silly, it just sounded annoyingly smug. It's as if I could have dubbed over all of Palutena's lines with "Here is how I'm awesome. And here's how I'm awesome. This is how I'm awesome. I'm also awesome like thiiiiis." I have no problem with silly. Frankly, the Palutena you're describing sounds really fun, much better than what was showed off today.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It wasn't silly, it just sounded annoyingly smug. It's as if I could have dubbed over all of Palutena's lines with "Here is how I'm awesome. And here's how I'm awesome. This is how I'm awesome. I'm also awesome like thiiiiis." I have no problem with silly. Frankly, the Palutena you're describing sounds really fun, much better than what was showed off today.
Ah, well, I think it was supposed to seem more like lighthearted teasing than it seemed.

D

Deleted member

Oppa Shaft Style ! :shades:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
This was animated by SHAFT?! That made my day. Wish it had the classic head turns though like in the Monogatari series.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
She doesn't strike me as particularly interesting, but I don't really like the character.

Her writing was horrible, though.
That is intentional, her dialogue and Pit's are supposed to be cheesy written in the style of a Saturday morning cartoon. I take it you haven't played Kid Icarus? Because her appearance in the trailer reflected her personality on spot. The interactions between this two are one of the charms of that game.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That is intentional, her dialogue and Pit's are supposed to be cheesy written in the style of a Saturday morning cartoon. I take it you haven't played Kid Icarus? Because her appearance in the trailer reflected her personality on spot. The interactions between this two are one of the charms of that game.
I did play it. The characterization nowhere near deserves the praise it gets. The "comedy" is cringeworthy and everyone besides Dark Pit is an unlikable tool. He's like the only person who realizes that everyone around him is a huge ******** (besides Pit, who's just Palutena's little *****) and wants no part of it. Every time anyone brings up "LOLHADESSOFUNNY" I vomit a little bit in my mouth.

The gameplay was fun, I guess, but the characters were awful and are insanely overrated.

Her trailer did capture her personality really well, which I hated, because I hated her stupid personality.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Palutena, the divine goddess fights with the utmost grace.

edit: even more so than rosalina

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well I approve of Palutena's banter. Many of the other fighters are usually about grunts and yells like Mario and Link, some with a few words... Well I don't think there's any of the latter atm, besides Pika saying his own name and Fox's Landmaster. And finally, talkative characters (Ness, Falcon, and Lucas will come soon to fill this), which so far Palutena in the trailer has shown, along with Pit a bit. I personally think the voices were specifically for the trailer to give off that appeal to fit the fun banters that existed in Kid Icarus Uprising.
But if Palutena does talk a bit, I wouldn't mind. It's a change of pace from the usual. Ppl may hate talkative characters or Palutena's new slightly more serious nature with amazing grace, but I enjoy and support it. In fact, that just makes her all the more amazing, along with her interesting moves.

All in all, I approve of the way Palutena is.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
wouldnt it be awesome if we had banter between palutena and doc louis?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I did play it. The characterization nowhere near deserves the praise it gets. The "comedy" is cringeworthy and everyone besides Dark Pit is an unlikable tool. He's like the only person who realizes that everyone around him is a huge ****head (besides Pit, who's just Palutena's little *****) and wants no part of it. Every time anyone brings up "LOLHADESSOFUNNY" I vomit a little bit in my mouth.

The gameplay was fun, I guess, but the characters were awful and are insanely overrated.

Her trailer did capture her personality really well, which I hated, because I hated her stupid personality.
What I wonder is why you felt compelled to come all the way over to the sub-forum of a character you hate from a series you clearly hate. Just to spew biased hate.

I mean, I realize you seem to live in a cespool of your own hate towards things, but you're rather going out of your way here. Why not just let the people who DO enjoy the character enjoy the character and spend your time in things you do like?

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Add Peppy Hare/Slippy Toad to that conversation and you've got a deal.

Can't forget the original one that made it into Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom